Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 02:29 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,399 times

Advertisements

the hell is wrong with you people? Full of overdramatization and exaggerations. I've walked in, around and about Irvington and I'm alive. In fact, I used to live in Irvington. A lot of things have to deal with common sense. You people are weak. Irvington is bad but Newark and Camden are way worse. You people are just flat out punks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 02:32 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,844,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
the hell is wrong with you people? Full of overdramatization and exaggerations. I've walked in, around and about Irvington and I'm alive. In fact, I used to live in Irvington. A lot of things have to deal with common sense. You people are weak. Irvington is bad but Newark and Camden are way worse. You people are just flat out punks.
No Irvington and Camden are way worse , but Newark is at least improving.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
Looks like the way this is going NJ will be consumed by the towns such as Irvington, Newark, Trenton, Camden. Really what towns get better? Newark is rebuilding but it took how long? If this keeps up there won't be any "good" towns in NJ. Everything will eventualy look like Irvington, I see Union is going downhill as well, Hillside ehh not so good either.
Union? LOL. You mean the wannabe ghetto known as Vauxhall? Please. It's mostly black teens trying to be ghetto. It's FAR from bad.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
No Irvington and Camden are way worse , but Newark is at least improving.
I'm telling you. Irvington is BETTER than Newark. I feel more safer walking around certain parts of Irvington and Irvington Center than in Newark and the downtown area which has a lot of shady figures. I'm saying this from experience. Last year, some guy got knifed up on Broad and Market in broad day. I do NOT feel safe over there period. You guys obviously never been in Irvington like that. Yeah, Irvington has went downhill and there's areas I wouldn't be caught dead around but to say Newark is safer than Irvington is a joke. People get shot and killed in Newark all the time. Don't know about Irvington. Even the supposed safe areas of downtown such as Rutgers Newark and NJIT aren't safe. People get robbed and assaulted there. Newark still has serious issues. It's doing a lot better cleaning up it's image though.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:47 PM

Ive been all over Urban and Suburban Jersey every city , and Camden and Irvington and parts of Newark give me the creeps. But most of Newark is improving , Irvington and Camden are not.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Ive been all over Urban and Suburban Jersey every city , and Camden and Irvington and parts of Newark give me the creeps. But most of Newark is improving , Irvington and Camden are not.
Have you been to the south and west parts of Newark? That's most of the city right there. You're telling me there's improving? Have you peeped nj.com. The crime in Newark has gone up. The only safe parts of Newark are the east part aka Ironbound and some of the northern parts of Newark like around Bloomfield Ave but then there's the bad areas scattered around. At least, western Irvington isn't that bad but it gets bad to worse to the worst when you go east toward Newark.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:56 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,015 times
Quote:
You people are just flat out punks.
And you wonder why nobody is nice to you? Oh yea, its New Jersey, not you.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Have you been to the south and west parts of Newark? That's most of the city right there. You're telling me there's improving? Have you peeped nj.com. The crime in Newark has gone up. The only safe parts of Newark are the east part aka Ironbound and some of the northern parts of Newark like around Bloomfield Ave but then there's the bad areas scattered around. At least, western Irvington isn't that bad but it gets bad to worse to the worst when you go east toward Newark.
The South is slowly improving , the West has fallen victim to Irvington's Cancer of crime and blight. The North , Central , and East are accelerating.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,015 times
Quote:
The South is slowly improving , the West has fallen victim to Irvington's Cancer of crime and blight. The North , Central , and East are accelerating.
Now you're exaggerating.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:09 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,888,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperchaser View Post
ignorant racist ppl say "see what happens when you let a black family in your neighborhood" look at Irvington now! & they are so racist that they are ignorant to the fact that they were the start of the neighborhoods decline, by rapidly selling their homes instead of being kind & open hearted ppl living amungst other races.

....just a few facts + my 2 cents
I'm with Paperchaser. I grew up in Plainfield, and lived there during the riots at the end of the '60s. Yeah, sure, there were riots, but people didn't have to move to Bridgewater and Watchung in reaction to them. When ex-Plainfielders gather (which happens only rarely), and the talk turns to the riots, most of the group assembled want to blame the Blacks, but it was really another ethnic group, the Jews, who started the White Flight in reaction to the riots. I lost six Jewish friends in a year to Bridgewater-Raritan East.

My father didn't move away until the late '70s, mainly because my mother didn't want to move, and she died in '77. After that, it was just my father and my sister, so they didn't need that big a house anymore.

I went away to college, and I never came back, but that's what I would have done anyway: the riots, white flight, whatever, had nothing to do with it.

I've looked at downtown Plainfield on Google, and I only recognized one store on W. and E. Front Streets, Park Avenue, Watchung Avenue, and W. 7th. It's like the whole town disappeared.

Last edited by jay5835; 10-27-2010 at 05:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey