U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 09:34 AM

1,973 posts, read 3,422,594 times
Default a Weird NJ story?

When we bought our home, the previous owner told us about a ghost that sometimes appears in our home, mainly in the basement and in the hallway upstairs, he said that his children when they were young saw this ghost, specifically their daughter. I guess she used to see this ghost all the time and decided to named him "Timmy". After we bought the home my wife & son supposedly have seen Timmy (I have not) and my wife even "speaks" to him when she's down in the basement doing laundry. The only thing that I've seen w/ my own eyes is that he would turn the lights off down in the basement when she asks him to (and no, there's no motion sensor lights). Well last night my wife was helping a lady at HTP picking out fabrics, colors and blah blah blah, she had never met this woman before so there's no way she would know anything about what transpired next, out of the blue and w/o any warning she said "I don't know if this means anything to you, but he says his name is not Timmy, it is William" my wife was stunned, "He says you always call him Timmy, but he wants you to know his name is William and he used to be a worker back in the 1870's in your home (our home was built in the late 1860's) he got ill and died suddenly (within 2 or 3 days). The lady went on talking about William, so now we're on a crusade about trying to find out who he was.

Anyone else have any similar weird stories like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 09:41 AM

10,490 posts, read 14,339,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
When we bought our home, the previous owner told us about a ghost that sometimes appears in our home, mainly in the basement and in the hallway upstairs, he said that his children when they were young saw this ghost, specifically their daughter. I guess she used to see this ghost all the time and decided to named him "Timmy". After we bought the home my wife & son supposedly have seen Timmy (I have not) and my wife even "speaks" to him when she's down in the basement doing laundry. The only thing that I've seen w/ my own eyes is that he would turn the lights off down in the basement when she asks him to (and no, there's no motion sensor lights). Well last night my wife was helping a lady at HTP picking out fabrics, colors and blah blah blah, she had never met this woman before so there's no way she would know anything about what transpired next, out of the blue and w/o any warning she said "I don't know if this means anything to you, but he says his name is not Timmy, it is William" my wife was stunned, "He says you always call him Timmy, but he wants you to know his name is William and he used to be a worker back in the 1870's in your home (our home was built in the late 1860's) he got ill and died suddenly (within 2 or 3 days). The lady went on talking about William, so now we're on a crusade about trying to find out who he was.

Anyone else have any similar weird stories like that?
WOW that is weird...I mean i do believe in ghosts or apparitions but this woman telling you wife about the name......goosebumps

Old 08-06-2008, 09:42 AM

3,855 posts, read 6,634,888 times
WOW

Old 08-06-2008, 09:46 AM

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either, my DW called me so excited, she couldn't wait to get home to tell me all about this lady & william. This am when I woke up I made sure to say "Good morning William".

Old 08-06-2008, 09:49 AM

7,577 posts, read 14,185,530 times
Boo! We had a ghost in our house over on Drakestown Road in Mt. Olive. Both my sisters saw a shadow of a man with a young child coming down from the attic stairs at night... This was on two separate occasions. I'd never seen him but they swear we had a ghost. Alex - Is DW freaking out or what?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:51 AM

1,985 posts, read 4,572,222 times
This story might hurt resale :-)

Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Boo! We had a ghost in our house over on Drakestown Road in Mt. Olive. Both my sisters saw a shadow of a man with a young child coming down from the attic stairs at night... This was on two separate occasions. I'd never seen him but they swear we had a ghost. Alex - Is DW freaking out or what?

Freaking out?? Hell no! she's so excited & happy about all of it.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:58 AM

7,577 posts, read 14,185,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
This story might hurt resale :-)

lol..I agree. Or attract some..he does live in Newton - it's proabbaly someones great uncle grandpa smith

Old 08-06-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
lol..I agree. Or attract some..he does live in Newton - it's proabbaly someones great uncle grandpa smith
or Flaherty, God knows there are plenty of irish around here.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:00 AM

3,855 posts, read 6,634,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Freaking out?? Hell no! she's so excited & happy about all of it.
Call the Ghost Hunter show! Have them come and then we can see you on tv!!!

Nicolem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey