U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-13-2008, 01:42 PM

9 posts, read 44,942 times
Question Any beaches that allow dogs in South Jersey?

I've seen a few in North and Central but I was hoping to find something around Atlantic City and below.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 02:08 PM

327 posts, read 714,794 times
Not that I'm aware, at least not between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Before/after that, I believe that dogs are allowed, leashed, on most beaches. Island Beach SP does allow dogs year round (outside of the pavilion area), but that is more Central Jersey, not South. You may find something in the Cape May area, maybe on the bay side.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:45 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,928,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIkid View Post
Not that I'm aware, at least not between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Before/after that, I believe that dogs are allowed, leashed, on most beaches. Island Beach SP does allow dogs year round (outside of the pavilion area), but that is more Central Jersey, not South. You may find something in the Cape May area, maybe on the bay side.
Yes, dogs are allowed on the bay side in Cape May County, in particular I am certain of the Villas and Del Haven. Of course, they should be leashed, but not everyone follows this.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:23 PM

146 posts, read 164,298 times
Default Yes-Dog Beach

Yes, there is "Dog Beach" I believe this is located in Ocean City. (not sure if this is "below AC" but we live in Atlantic County and it's about a 25 min. drive)

It's a beach just for dogs. Only downside is it is close to a major road, but it's a pretty good size, and we've walked our dog there.

You would take the Atlantic City Expressway East to the Parkway South and get off at Somers Point. The beach is in between Ocean City and Longport NJ.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 13,115 times
From Ocean City take the new north bridge that heads up towards Atlantic City it is on the right hand side as soon as you get to the bottom.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:45 AM

1,608 posts, read 2,105,083 times
I know on most beaches it varies depending on the time of year

Old 08-17-2011, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 8,243 times
Cool South Jersey Dog Beach

There is a dog beach that is so fun in Ocean City/Longport. Right over the bridge in Longport on Ocean Drive

Any beaches that allow dogs in South Jersey?-sav-honey-beach5.jpg

Any beaches that allow dogs in South Jersey?-day-beach.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey