U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-14-2008, 05:46 PM

4 posts, read 8,007 times
Default Planning to live in Plainsboro , New Jersey

Hello ,
I am new in NewJersey and looking for an apartment to rent. I wanted to live in Plainsboro. My job involves to travel frequently to Airport. I assume Newark is closest to Plainsboro. I do not own a car yet. I wanted to know what are the public transport available in plainsboro. What is the easiest way to travel from plainsboro to Newark airport. I really appreciate if someone can provide information to this query.

Happy Minocha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 09:03 PM

1,677 posts, read 3,622,490 times
Princeton Junction Station is the nearest rail service for Plainsboro and there are regular (commuter hour) buses from Plainsboro to this station.
You have the options of Newark and Philly airports from Princeton Jct. Newark is more direct but Philly airport is still an option.

You can check this site for airport service-
New Jersey Transit - Home

Old 08-14-2008, 09:04 PM

792 posts, read 1,946,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymanocha View Post
I assume Newark is closest to Plainsboro.
No its not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymanocha View Post
What is the easiest way to travel from plainsboro to Newark airport.
By train from Princeton Jct to EWR,station then the EWR monorail over 1&9 into EWR.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 PM

1,370 posts, read 2,391,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
No its not.

Come again? EWR is 20 miles closer to Plainsboro than PHL. 39 miles from Plainsboro to EWR, 56 miles from Plainsboro to PHL. It's also the most traffic free, as you'd have to deal with Rt. 1 to get to 95. With EWR, you drive 10 miles to the Turnpike and it's a straight shot up.

Unless you count the commuter airport deal near Trenton, but I think we're all discussing the major airports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey