U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,015 times
Hi, I'm Olga, I'm from Russia, as I've uvderstood you don't like tourists very much But I and my friends are not tourists, we're going to USA to Wildwood NJ by programm called Work and travel. Could you tell us is it difficult to find a cheap room for four people for summer in Wildwood? Hom much does it cost? Thanks, sorry for my english and merry Christmas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 06:19 AM

7,789 posts, read 9,974,859 times
hi Olga. There are many older homes in Wildwood that rent out to the summer help that comes in every summer. They are older and not in th ebest of shape but its somewhere to stay while you work in Wildwood. Does the program you guys are using to come here have a list of homes that will rent to you ??

Hope you find what you want.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:54 AM

1,368 posts, read 3,093,338 times
Hi Olga,
I'm sure the program you are working for will have some sort of housing available for you and your friends. Last summer when we were in Wildwood, it seemed that everybody who was working there was from EE.

Good luck and have fun!

Shanny

Old 03-01-2009, 10:22 AM

3 posts, read 4,346 times
Default Living in North Wildwood

To anyone who is thinking of moving to the Wildwoods. I moved here in 91. I call it the land of Oz. It is the best decision I ever made. It is very safe here. If any one is thinking of making a change email me and I can help with any ??'s you may have.

Nancy Hughes
My Email wildwoods@ymail.com

Old 05-27-2009, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,777 times
let me just tell you yes its beutifull here, theres strangers here, and most of all there sex affenders, now as we all know everywere has got some of all that but living in wildwood may not be the best rout to go as iv lived here for 17yrs and just walken down the wildwood streets caused me to be meleasted why cant people just accept them selves and were they live to me its the same evrywere.and its never gona change! poeple are the way they are....

Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 PM

3,568 posts, read 5,373,174 times
Except in NJ our wonderful gov't will throw you in jail for trying to protect yourself in your own private house with a gun.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:21 PM

5,343 posts, read 9,012,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
I was thinking of the possibility of moving to Wildwood. What is it like the rest of the year when it's not summer? How is the school system? I am a teacher and wonder if it would be easy to find ajob. I live in Northern NJ and am getting tired of the rudeness and environment around me that is so fast paced.

You just need out of West New York!

Seriously, I think off season would be nice and docile, but in season would just be more insanity....

Old 07-04-2010, 08:08 AM

1,494 posts, read 3,102,020 times
I do need out of West New york. Just went to Wildwood a few days ago again and I noticed there are so many empty storefronts. It's sad that Pacific Avenue is looking so desolate.

ONe thing I didn't see any of are preschool and daycares? What do people do? I know there is no abbott down there? Maybe I should go down there and open a daycare?

Where do most people in Wildwood work anyway? ATlantic City? Philly? I can't see where one could get a good job.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:14 AM

177 posts, read 201,364 times
Default Jobs in Wildwoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti1001 View Post
Can anyone tell me if there are any year round jobs in wildwood nj ?
Forget about it the Wildwoods are a very depressed area for work,the days of perment jobs are over and if mostly slave driven summer work,and the employers know it.And they use you up like a piece of dirt.If you know someone,you may get lucky and they will get you a job.But its mostly season,by season work.Good luck!

Old 07-05-2010, 02:59 PM

6,617 posts, read 4,512,782 times
Certain areas of Wildwood are better than others. If you are in the part of town that is most touristy, take it from me it will drive you crazy in summer. Wildwood Crest is very nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey