Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 8,109 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone, I need help! After more than 1 year exausting driving 3-hour back and forth commute for my work from NJ parsipanny to NY Monroe area, I finally dicide to move closer to my working place before this winter's coming.
I like to live in the good community, not that expensive, but safe enough. I do not like too remote and rural style, metro-NYC style is good to me, crowd, have night activities, the stores won;t be close too early when I get home from work. Close to the highways, convienient to either driving to Rt 17, Rt287,Rt87 Or to Rt 80.
In a word, I need someplace in NJ or on the border of NJ& NY, within 30min driving to woodbury outlet, good but not quiet towns, either buy the house or rent first.
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 09:43 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdriver View Post
Hello Everyone, I need help! After more than 1 year exausting driving 3-hour back and forth commute for my work from NJ parsipanny to NY Monroe area, I finally dicide to move closer to my working place before this winter's coming.
I like to live in the good community, not that expensive, but safe enough. I do not like too remote and rural style, metro-NYC style is good to me, crowd, have night activities, the stores won;t be close too early when I get home from work. Close to the highways, convienient to either driving to Rt 17, Rt287,Rt87 Or to Rt 80.
In a word, I need someplace in NJ or on the border of NJ& NY, within 30min driving to woodbury outlet, good but not quiet towns, either buy the house or rent first.
Thanks in advance!
Franklin Lakes...Ringwood..wanaque..butler... pompton Lakes..wayne..Riverdale... tons of choices! I would drive around the area over the weekend and get a feel for the place. You won't find much of a NYC feel but there are small walkable towns near or associated with some of the one's mentioned.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:17 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Chestnut Ridge NY, or Airmont NY are directly off of Rt 87, as is Mahwah. I'd live in any of these three towns.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:51 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdriver View Post
Thanks in advance!
Tons of choices in NJ but the "safe" areas will be expensive

Old 08-20-2008, 11:33 AM

75 posts, read 300,886 times
Ramsey. Great schools and walkable town center. Right off 17

Old 08-21-2008, 05:28 PM

69 posts, read 313,009 times
I agree - Ramsey is a great town. Also check out Mahwah. Both should be good options for you.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:56 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
Highland Mills is right there and a nice town. Pearl River too, all in NY State. If you want NJ, Montvale, Park Ridge, Norwood, Northvale NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey