U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-20-2008, 11:45 AM

11,698 posts, read 21,515,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Ok, that's bizarre. I also bat/golf right handed, as well as eat right handed. Actually, I am comfortable eating lefty, and I can bat lefty if I want to, but am better at both left.

Everything else I am prohibitively lefty, except writing. I can write right handed at least as clearly as lefty, but too slowly to render it practical.
i just thought of one other thing i do righty - mouse. i could mouse lefty, but it's awkward.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 11:58 AM

7,646 posts, read 11,525,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i just thought of one other thing i do righty - mouse. i could mouse lefty, but it's awkward.
Same here Tahiti, with the card holding, the non-wrist curling and mouse. It's like we're the same dexterity strain of DNA.

Other points: both my kids are right handed, as were both my parents.

You seem to allude to the fact we are a right handed dominated society, however, a left handed pitcher in major league baseball will dispute this. They are paid very, very well.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:08 PM

5,348 posts, read 9,431,727 times
I am all left !!!

Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
And, a life insurance actuarial will reveal that our life expectancy is on average, 8 years lower than a right handed person.

Clinton and Bush 41 were left handed. And our next president will be left handed as well. Unless a third party candidate is voted in, anyway.
why do you think this is????

Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 PM

7,577 posts, read 15,033,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I am all left !!!
Hummm.. I figure you and Alex would have came up with the same answers?

Old 08-20-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
that's what I meant to say! LOL

i thought i knew everything about being left handed, but I didn't know that only 2% of women are lefty! but if the general population is 10% lefthanded, and men are 10%, should women be 10 or 11%?
im a lefty too! My Dad is Left but was forced to write with his right hand. Actually thats what causes people to stutter they said at one time.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:12 PM

11,698 posts, read 21,515,552 times
Quote:
Same here Tahiti, with the card holding, the non-wrist curling and mouse. It's like we're the same dexterity strain of DNA.

Other points: both my kids are right handed, as were both my parents.

You seem to allude to the fact we are a right handed dominated society, however, a left handed pitcher in major league baseball will dispute this. They are paid very, very well.
c'est vrai. however, for the average schmo, everything's geared towards the righty. scissors, cards, knives, desks, mailboxes, electronic signature pads (the "pen" is on the right), cameras, front doors...... given 10 minutes I could think of 100 more things. but that's ok, it makes us stronger!

i remember being at the dentist once and watching the hygienist. i asked her "could a left handed person be a hygienist?" i think i'm the only one to ever ask that before, lol. she said they'd probably have to work for a left handed dentist with the opposite setup . interesting. don't know if it's true, but a lefty hygienist could cause a lot of damage working the way things are normally set up, lol.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:13 PM

1,973 posts, read 3,625,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Hummm.. I figure you and Alex would have came up with the same answers?
Trust me, I only play an air head online, unlike Marilyn lol and for the record, right brain ova here.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Trust me, I only play an air head online, unlike Marilyn lol and for the record, right brain ova here.
You're blowin' my silent digs.."no brainer"

Old 08-20-2008, 12:17 PM

[quote=tahiti;4929803]c'est vrai. however, for the average schmo, everything's geared towards the righty. scissors, cards, knives, desks, mailboxes, electronic signature pads (the "pen" is on the right), cameras, front doors...... given 10 minutes I could think of 100 more things. but that's ok, it makes us stronger!

i remember being at the dentist once and watching the hygienist. i asked her "could a left handed person be a hygienist?" i think i'm the only one to ever ask that before, lol. she said they'd probably have to work for a left handed dentist with the opposite setup . interesting. don't know if it's true, but a lefty hygienist could cause a lot of damage working the way things are normally set up, lol.[/quote]

LOL... good point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey