Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 05:38 AM

52 posts, read 172,618 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I've read a lot on this board about Colonia and we're starting to explore that area. From what I've read over by the HS is a good area (I'm guessing east of the GSP and south of Inman) as well as around Chain o' Hills Rd.

Are there other parts of the community we should look at, or parts we should avoid? We don't have kids yet but hope to eventually so schools will play a part in the decision.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 06:56 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
The whole area along New Dover Road from Chain O Hills to the GSP is the "estate section", and is very nice- but very expensive. The area along Chain O Hills from St George to New Dover is OK (better the farther from St George you get) and the area along the rest of Chain O Hills is OK as well (though at some point it becomes an Iselin address). The sections along Inman Ave are hit or miss- there's some pretty nice areas up toward the Edison end, but it gets a little crummy around the GSP. Heading toward Rahway there are some nice areas as well- it's usually pretty obvious which areas are better just by looking at the upkeep of the homes (and the price tags).

Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,460,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo1040 View Post
Hey everyone,

I've read a lot on this board about Colonia and we're starting to explore that area. From what I've read over by the HS is a good area (I'm guessing east of the GSP and south of Inman) as well as around Chain o' Hills Rd.

Are there other parts of the community we should look at, or parts we should avoid? We don't have kids yet but hope to eventually so schools will play a part in the decision.

Thanks.
Colonia as a whole is a nice area
and most of the people i have met from Colonia are
great.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 PM

52 posts, read 172,618 times
Thanks for the replies.

How about Lake Ave? Does it get really busy, particularly west of the GSP?

Old 08-25-2008, 09:08 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,951,650 times
I moved to Colonia 10 yrs ago from Roselle. I'm located in the President's section. Back in the early 90s when we were looking here, it seemed hit or miss in a lot of areas, but since then, generally all of Colonia has progressed with the up keep of homes. I can compare Colonia now to Clark, but more affordable. I like Colonia a lot, people take pride in their homes and I see it with all the home improvements being done.I can't tell you of an area to stay away from, as far as I know.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:34 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,951,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo1040 View Post
Thanks for the replies.

How about Lake Ave? Does it get really busy, particularly west of the GSP?
A friend lives on Lake, 2 blocks east of the parkway. I wouldn't say Lake is "really busy" as I've driven on it many times. It could get busy by Ciro's Pizza when school lets out (had to ask my wife), but again , I only travel it and live on the south side of Colonia.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,361 times
i live in colonia on florence ave off of our main street inman ave...its quiet the ppl here are cool nuthin 2 worry about at all kan def stay out all nite if u wanted 2 not much if any crime here...very quiet neighborhood a lil boring for me though since im yung so i like 2 go out 2 our cities next 2 colonia like linden nd roselle but colonia is a great place 2 raise a family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey