Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 01:40 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSo View Post
Lol same with the neighborhoods here in Philly...matter of fact as I tried walking out my door today I saw the usual hordes of people perched on their front step(or stoop as they call it here,fitting)and just staring into space. I often wonder what their idea of having a life is.
You just described it along with watching TV in the bad weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 02:00 PM

468 posts, read 580,535 times
Or responding to the cattle call of the weatherman when it's gonna snow by running out to buy bread & milk...(why those 2 things? Do they all eat french toast?)

Old 09-27-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Or responding to the cattle call of the weatherman when it's gonna snow by running out to buy bread & milk...(why those 2 things? Do they all eat french toast?)
The major road trip is to go to cow flop bingo. The farmer's field is broken down into squares and people actually bet as to what square the cow will deficate on.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:15 PM

I think that's what they use to bet on football here also

Old 09-27-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeso View Post
i think that's what they use to bet on football here also
rotflmao

Old 09-27-2008, 02:22 PM

Seriously,every year during the season someone tells me about a pool they have involving the cow stuff and they bet on where the cow will go and whoever gets it right wins the pool

Old 09-27-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Seriously,every year during the season someone tells me about a pool they have involving the cow stuff and they bet on where the cow will go and whoever gets it right wins the pool
And these are city people we're talking about. I'd hate to see wht the rural people do.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:31 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,463,605 times
Why would you divorce your husband b/c of the stereotyped perception of how women in his home state dress?

BTW I wore clothes from the late eighties in the late eighties, I don't have ratty hairdos & I wear simple post earrings unless it is a formal situation (ie wedding etc.). And as a white collar worker (which Archie Bunker was not) I have the bank to have decent furniture.

I hate how people stereotype individuals due to the state they live in. I especially love it when people stereotype someone who is Italian and grew up in this state (which fits me once again). Ironically those stereotypes fit NOONE I am related to or am associated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberland View Post
People ask me why I divorced my ex- simple answer: He is from NJ.
NJ sucks. The accent is so horrific and a complete turnoff. The women have big, ratty hairdos and wear clothes from 1989.
Also note to every person in NJ-
Buy a jewelery box! You do not have to wear every ring and necklace you own at all times.
Everything looks like the Archie Bunker set.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
And these are city people we're talking about. I'd hate to see wht the rural people do.
Ha that's what I say all the time
Actually I think someone just didn't bother when they decided on what would be the city limits here and just lumped a bunch of would be hick towns in with it t's why I call em 'Phillbillies'

Old 09-27-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b75 View Post
Why would you divorce your husband b/c of the stereotyped perception of how women in his home state dress?

BTW I wore clothes from the late eighties in the late eighties, I don't have ratty hairdos & I wear simple post earrings unless it is a formal situation (ie wedding etc.). And as a white collar worker (which Archie Bunker was not) I have the bank to have decent furniture.

I hate how people stereotype individuals due to the state they live in. I especially love it when people stereotype someone who is Italian and grew up in this state (which fits me once again). Ironically those stereotypes fit NOONE I am related to or am associated.
How would they stereotype me? I'm a non-Italian raised in Italian neighborhoods in Jersey City and Newark and was engaged to an Italian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey