Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2007, 10:38 PM

76 posts, read 443,973 times

Advertisements

I was having trouble finding many towns on this website, when I realized that many are actually listed under the guise of a subsection's name (an "unincorporated area") that is reported as a census designated place.

Here are some "missing" townships and their census designated places that are actually listed:

Middlesex County[/b]

Monroe: Clearbrook Park, Concordia, Rossmoor, Whittingham
Piscataway: Society Hill
Plainsboro: Plainsboro Center, Princeton Meadows
South Brunswick: Dayton, Heathcote, Kendall Park, Kingston, Monmouth Junction
Woodbridge: Avenel, Colonia, Fords, Iselin, Port Reading, Sewaren, Woodbridge

I'm not doing the whole NJ CDP list in one thread. They're easier to find this way.

Maybe most of you understood this CDP concept already, but I was confused before I learned about unincorporated areas!

Last edited by NJ K; 02-01-2007 at 11:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 02:24 PM

I left one town off the list:

Old Bridge: Brownville, Madison Park, Laurence Harbor, and Old Bridge

So the Old Bridge page on City Data actually represents census info from a smaller subset of the city at large. It would be better to figure out which section of Old Bridge is being considered for relocation and to judge based on those stats--e.g., the Brownville section of Old Bridge will give different info than the "Old Bridge" section of Old Bridge.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:33 AM

113 posts, read 342,104 times
I grew up in a place called Little Rocky Hill , New Jersey...It is now known as Heathcote!! It would seem. ( thats Little Rocky Hill , not to be confused with Rocky Hill )

Heathcote is a little brook. There is also a very old bridge going over this brook in a small wood. It is located in Cook Natural area Kingston , NJ.

"Towns" such as Clearbrook , Rossmoor are accually developments that went up in the 70s and 80s.

Kendall Park aka Pumkin land went from farm field to pop 7000 in late 50s early 60s.

Places like Dayton , Deans and Monmouth Jct aka monkey jct. have been in existance for hundereds of years.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:50 AM

South Brunswick , Woodbridge , Franklin are townships

Old Bridge is a township as well as a town! circa 1634 says the sign.

Places like Rossmoore are like gated communtys...I think it was or is a retirment community.

New Jersey is a " Wierd " place...It can take some time getting use to...

Old 07-19-2007, 06:09 PM

Thanks for the info...

It seems like the CDPs (census-designated places) are based on major housing developments within a township, like you were saying. It's just confusing because sometimes only a CDP name is available on city-data, so people wonder where the township is on the website (for example, Marlboro can only be found as its CDP "Morganville," a development within the township). But for Old Bridge township, one of the CDPs is "Old Bridge," thereby confusing people who would be better served with stats on a different section of the township.

How did you like living in Little Rocky Hill/Heathcote?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:31 PM

I enjoyed it. We did things other kids did at the time, ride bikes , built forts , some had motocross cycles, some of us were lucky enough to have swimming pools. Back in those days ponds in the woods froze over and we went ice skateing. But the place was being developed. In 70s and 80s a kid could alwasys find work at " constuction sights " doing labor work. Good for getting money for trips to the beach. When I see pictures of parents and grandparents time I see it as better days. Just my own take and values. We dident lock doors or hear about crime though mostly because the area was and is underserved in the news department. My Dad had told me, back 70 years ago people knew what would happen to the area.

If you look on South Brunswick Police web sight they have a section of historic interest, when they got new cars what those cars were like , things that happened in the area. One section talked about a problem with Chicken theifes! circa 1930s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey