U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 03:44 PM

5,340 posts, read 12,190,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Put food on the table? If you're waiting for the government to put food on your table you are...

1. Incredibly out of touch with the principle of self-sufficiency, and self-reliance.
2. Must adore the welfare system.
3. Will do nothing better your own life.

I'm looking for a job now, and I will say that I am not expecting anyone to put food on my table or give me free health care. It's called taking control of your own life and doing things for yourself, and if you feel that waiting around to wait for the government to help you, then move to Europe where that is the norm.

This is America, you know, the country that was built on self reliance, self motivation, and self improvement.

Wanting the government to help us out...please.
OK- I think s/he meant that the economy is in the TANK and there are fewer and fewer good paying jobs in the US and the middle class is shrinking.... so if you think that is a good thing, then keep it going... vote for McCain..... but if you honnestly think the American Dream should still exist then realize this

IT IS THE ECONOMY STUPID

DO we really need to bring that saying back.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Me too! Yikes I can just imagine what will happen. I see alot of dumb people if Mccain gets voted in. The way history goes, it is a Democrats turn. The Demos always have to come in to clean up the big mess the Repubs put our country in!
Vote Obama/08
Yeah, look how great we are after 8 yrs of this admin....

Old 08-29-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I have boxes for you. I just called Alec Baldwin and he has his own boxes, so you can have them.
But your not arrogant....

Old 08-29-2008, 03:46 PM

7,913 posts, read 16,479,325 times
Quote:
Wow...go have another drink of that Obama Kool-Aid. Just like I asked KungFuLou (who never gave me a single answer), I want concrete evidence on why you are voting for a man who I seriously question his love for this country.

He went to Harvard? Wow, so did my old boss, and he's a complete scumbag liar that threw his whole department under the bus to cover up all of his mistakes just to save his job.

Reasons like "He's not Bush", "He wants to end the war", "McCain is too old" are not valid reasons in my eyes, but what do I know, I'm voting for Bob Barr.
I think I'm with you Hobokenguy. I was still undecided about Barr, then I heard him interviewed on Glenn Beck last night. My wife, who has no knowledge of politics at all, says to me: "Who is this guy? Why isn't he leading in the polls?" And that he speaks with more clarity than the two major candidates put together. Mind you, my wife is completely non-partisan. She doesn't give a monkey's ass who wins political elections.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't consider that a friendship. Real friends love and respect you no matter what your political stance is.

First, I was joking.

Second, sometimes that is true and sometimes not.
Sometimes when I see peoples beliefs are so far removed from my own, I have to wonder if a true friendship IS possible.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:49 PM

7,918 posts, read 11,534,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
First, I was joking.

Second, sometimes that is true and sometimes not.
Sometimes when I see peoples beliefs are so far removed from my own, I have to wonder if a true friendship IS possible.
It's all about diversity...isn't it?

Old 08-29-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Can I quote you on this? Or are you pulling the same garbage that the liberal left hollywood did in 2000 and NEVER moved out?
I'd be more than thrilled to go. I don't like seeing what a disgrace our once great nation has become.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Mind you we're talking about the potential VP of the country, NOT the potential President who has 44 months of experience.
More than 44 months if you knew how to read a bio.....

Old 08-29-2008, 03:50 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,051,648 times
Quote:
I guess you didn't see what happened to the former USSR when they chose guns over butter?
Well we aren't the USSR although I think some on this board would prefer we were. God knows Obama will give it the old college Harvard educated try.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:51 PM

2,179 posts, read 5,913,641 times
Quote:
OK- I think s/he meant that the economy is in the TANK and there are fewer and fewer good paying jobs in the US and the middle class is shrinking.... so if you think that is a good thing, then keep it going... vote for McCain..... but if you honnestly think the American Dream should still exist then realize this

IT IS THE ECONOMY STUPID

DO we really need to bring that saying back.
Have you taken a look at home? There is almost no middle class left in North Jersey. We can thank years of Democratic policies for this quagmire that is happening here.

Florio
McGreevey
Codey
Corzine
Menendez
Lautenberg
Sharpe James
Healey
Mims Hackett
Alfred Steele
Brian Stack
Frank Pallone
Steve Rothman
Rob Andrews

The list can go on and on and on about what the Democrats did to New Jersey. Good people? Hardly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey