U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 05:19 PM

2,179 posts, read 5,989,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Oh, I'm sorry - he doesn't love his country because YOU say so. I don't subscribe to the "if you don't agree with me you must be not be patriotic" mentality. I think the right-wing spun Barack is anti-American is just PURE BS.

I'm voting for a man that shares my ideals more than his opponent. Case closed. It's not becuase he's not Bush because then I'd vote for any one. I know that the mess in Iraq is not going away soon no matter who is president. Just like you all should wake up and realize with a nearly $500 trillion dollar deficit ****YOUR TAXES MAY GO UP**** regardless of WHO wins.

My taxes WILL go up with Barack, and they might go up with McCain.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:22 PM

5,340 posts, read 12,370,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
It's all about diversity...isn't it?
VALUES and DIVERSITY are 2 different things. I'll supply the definitions if you like.

I don't care if someone is DIFFERENT than me, but there are core values that I need to know people who are in my inner circle share. Not that I am saying they shouldn't exist if they have different values, it's just that they may not be part of my core group.

If someone is a drug user, for example, I probably don't want them around my family. No, I've never even tried drugs.

If someone is a racist, I don't want them in my core group. Now, everyone has some prejudice in them, but a raving racist...not having dinner with them on a Saturday night.

Sorry if that offends.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Well we aren't the USSR although I think some on this board would prefer we were. God knows Obama will give it the old college Harvard educated try.

Yes, he has so much in common with Stalin....

Old 08-29-2008, 05:26 PM

8,159 posts, read 11,913,140 times
Quote:
VALUES and DIVERSITY are 2 different things. I'll supply the definitions if you like.

I don't care if someone is DIFFERENT than me, but there are core values that I need to know people who are in my inner circle share. Not that I am saying they shouldn't exist if they have different values, it's just that they may not be part of my core group.

If someone is a drug user, for example, I probably don't want them around my family. No, I've never even tried drugs.

If someone is a racist, I don't want them in my core group. Now, everyone has some prejudice in them, but a raving racist...not having dinner with them on a Saturday night.

Sorry if that offends.
Ok, I have good friends that are on the opposite end of my political beliefs but I'm not thinking about dumping them after 20+ years and we do have dinner out on Saturday nights together.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Have you taken a look at home? There is almost no middle class left in North Jersey. We can thank years of Democratic policies for this quagmire that is happening here.

Florio
McGreevey
Codey
Corzine
Menendez
Lautenberg
Sharpe James
Healey
Mims Hackett
Alfred Steele
Brian Stack
Frank Pallone
Steve Rothman
Rob Andrews

The list can go on and on and on about what the Democrats did to New Jersey. Good people? Hardly.
NJ Is it's own animal... the corruption is in BOTH parties.

And look, I don't delude myself into thinking either party really isn't self serving and full of crap... but come on... how people can honestly continue to think people like Bush are "patriotic" while completely defiling our country, betraying our country and it's people on a daily basis...it's beyond me.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:27 PM

5,156 posts, read 6,370,748 times
Well, for whatever it's worth, looks like George Burns and Tina Fey are going out on the road again!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
(Make note...bring back this post on election night)
Hopefully Obama will win, then I'll drive you to the border!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
NJ Is it's own animal... the corruption is in BOTH parties.

And look, I don't delude myself into thinking either party really isn't self serving and full of crap... but come on... how people can honestly continue to think people like Bush are "patriotic" while completely defiling our country, betraying our country and it's people on a daily basis...it's beyond me.

Since NJ is heavy Dem control the corruption is very one-sided.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:30 PM

Wow - that joke changed my life.... I may have to vote for McCain now.....

Old 08-29-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Hopefully Obama will win, then I'll drive you to the border!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr
(Make note...bring back this post on election night)

I'm not the one who said they're moving if (Obama) wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey