U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-29-2008, 05:47 PM

5,343 posts, read 9,242,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Of course it's their/your choice to say they want to leave this country. Hell, I've even said America is in deep doo-doo, but in all seriousness, I am still trying to wrap my head around how Obama will reduce taxes on the middle-class (his definition of the middle class is those making under 42K/year), start all these special programs for poor children, starting 20 "Hope Cities", and starting universal health care without raising taxes?

This election is about how to keep the money in our pockets! Iraq is a disaster, we can all agree on that, and Bush is a dolt...which I have been saying for a long time, but how is Barack Obama going to start new programs, and STILL reduce taxes? I seriously cannot think of a single time where Obama said "well, we will get rid of this or that, to start my program, and this will keep taxes from going up".

This man is a tax and spend politician with no solid, concrete resolutions to the problems. He can have us hope all he wants, but in reality, that's all it is...hope...no solution.

Anyone who associates himself with Rezko, Jeremiah Wright, and that other loon Catholic priest needs his head checked. You cannot tell me that after sitting in a church for 20 years, and then just discovering what an anti-american, anti-white scumbag Wright is that you'd be stunned.

For 20 years, Michelle and Barack sat in that church and listened to the crap spewing out of that racists mouth, have had shady real estate dealings with Rezko, and align themselves with such useless blowhards like Sharpton, and Jackson and now they want to live in the White House? Has the Democratic party lots its mind?
First...the last "tax and spend liberal" we had in office left us with the only surpluss we've had in my lifetime...and that's not just my opinion.

Second, wrap yourself around how we're going to pay for this debacle in Iraw and how we are going to keep Bush's taxcuts for the rich while doing that...perhaps we can just borrow more from China?

And I really think we saw a very small part of the Obama's Church... you can pull a few sermons out of any place of worship and they can be used against you. I'm Catholic and proud of it. But I recall being in a friends Parish, after going numerous times and finding it just lovely, and then one Sunday I was there and the priest went on this homophobic tyrade and I was appauled. I told him as much. (I have this problem with keeping my mouth shut....) but I don't think the entire Church, the entire congregation, or every other priest associated with that Church should be abandoned. I also know that they helped my friend IMENSELY when she was ill and had a very ill child... so it all has to be taken in full context.... which we clearly don't have when all we have is our skewed "liberal" media feeding you this stuff.

And I'll take it a step futher, the Religious Right loons turn my stomach, and they've been elected time and time again. And they are just as horrible and hateful as Rev. Wright EVER was...just because their hatred is not directed at YOU directly does not mean it is not there. One thing I used to like about McCain is that he was not so RR, now he's pandering to them and selected one as his running mate.....

Old 08-29-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
My taxes WILL go up with Barack, and they might go up with McCain.
THey'll go up under either.... bet you a beer on it.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Ok, I have good friends that are on the opposite end of my political beliefs but I'm not thinking about dumping them after 20+ years and we do have dinner out on Saturday nights together.
I have good friends on different ends of the political spectrum too.... but we have similar VALUES. We have different ideas about how to get there. That I can respect, even if I don't agree.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr
(Make note...bring back this post on election night)

I'm not the one who said they're moving if (Obama) wins.
Then I'll have you deported!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:53 PM

I'm off as well...and I'm going to say one thing

SARAH PALIN WAS STILL A TERRIBLE CHOICE! :-p

I'm sure the likes of Tom Ridge and Romney are having to take their happy pills tonight!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:58 PM

2,738 posts, read 6,440,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Do you listen to his speeches? Because it is not just "I have seen the mountaintop" He states his positions and his ideas as much as any other candidate.
Yes.

And no he doesn't. Show me a plan. A real plan. Seriously, I'd love to see one... because I haven't yet. "We need healthcare! Everyone will get it for free, and it works because we've seen others do it!" is not a plan.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:01 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,658,771 times
Quote:
First...the last "tax and spend liberal" we had in office left us with the only surpluss we've had in my lifetime...and that's not just my opinion.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I voted for him. No denying he was a good president.

Quote:
Second, wrap yourself around how we're going to pay for this debacle in Iraw and how we are going to keep Bush's taxcuts for the rich while doing that...perhaps we can just borrow more from China?
No idea on how we will pay for this W disaster. I never said either candidate had a plan on this.

Quote:
And I really think we saw a very small part of the Obama's Church... you can pull a few sermons out of any place of worship and they can be used against you. I'm Catholic and proud of it. But I recall being in a friends Parish, after going numerous times and finding it just lovely, and then one Sunday I was there and the priest went on this homophobic tyrade and I was appauled. I told him as much. (I have this problem with keeping my mouth shut....) but I don't think the entire Church, the entire congregation, or every other priest associated with that Church should be abandoned. I also know that they helped my friend IMENSELY when she was ill and had a very ill child... so it all has to be taken in full context.... which we clearly don't have when all we have is our skewed "liberal" media feeding you this stuff.
Get your popcorn ready!

YouTube - Jeremiah Wright on Fox

YouTube - Jeremiah Wright - Hillary Clinton ain't never been called...

YouTube - Rev. Jeremiah Wright hate

Yeah, I can see how Michelle and Barack could just see this as "just a few sermons" in their 20 years of sitting there listening to this guy. A few sermons is a very good indication on what is said every Sunday at that church.

Quote:
And I'll take it a step futher, the Religious Right loons turn my stomach, and they've been elected time and time again. And they are just as horrible and hateful as Rev. Wright EVER was...just because their hatred is not directed at YOU directly does not mean it is not there. One thing I used to like about McCain is that he was not so RR, now he's pandering to them and selected one as his running mate.....
The religious right turns my stomach as well...hell, all religion turns my stomach, but I will tell you that I would rather have Bibles thrown at me over listening to Barack and Michelle Obamas pastor any day of the week.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:13 PM

2,866 posts, read 6,179,570 times
I need to tell you what the people from small town(Savanah) TN are saying about Obama. I have a friend that lives there formally from Albany, NY.
Everyone there is calling him the Anti-Christ (Revelations in the Bible). They said if he wins that is the end of the world. I think one needs to look into his name more clearly.

Diane G

Old 08-29-2008, 06:24 PM

7,577 posts, read 15,023,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I need to tell you what the people from small town(Savanah) TN are saying about Obama. I have a friend that lives there formally from Albany, NY.
Everyone there is calling him the Anti-Christ (Revelations in the Bible). They said if he wins that is the end of the world. I think one needs to look into his name more clearly.

Diane G
I don't doubt it... My neighbors the bible thumper - born again of course -told me the same thing.."Bible says - "beware of the black man".

Old 08-29-2008, 07:09 PM

4,356 posts, read 8,588,773 times
Quote:
I am SOOOO with you and I'm not even joking anymore. I'm so fed up with this country.
I am so with you too! What a joke team...Maccain another 4 years of Bush or worse! His now running mate for VP, a woman who hunts, fishes, eats Moose and is a hockey mom. Did you see that interview with her? They asked her about being chosen VP months ago and she said no, she is just a socker Mom! What a joke the Repubs are! And they slammed Obama for no experience! Goes to show you how many dummies there are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey