U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 PM

23,946 posts, read 20,575,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
I love how the Right has painted Obama to be elitist. It's almost laughable. A poor kid, who grew up in a single family home, just paid off his college loans and he's elitist.... (Shakes head)
That's the sleazy spin factor from Roger Ailes to Lee Atwater to Karl Rove and so on..........

Old 08-29-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I don't doubt it... My neighbors the bible thumper - born again of course -told me the same thing.."Bible says - "beware of the black man".
Yup. The Bible as translated by Bull Connor...........

Old 08-29-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
It's not him being black , that's no problem here, its the Arab part.

Diane G

Ummmmmmmmmmmm..........there is no Arab part.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I Surely finished HS and college also. There are sources that say Obama is an Arab, after all with a middle name like Hussein, what else would you think. I am not the only one that feels this way. I go into an AOL cruise chat and there are many that have my view.

Obama, Pride of Arab-Americans? by Michael Gaynor

Diane G
I am just............speechless. The freaks come out at night..........

Old 08-30-2008, 12:10 AM

2,866 posts, read 6,185,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I am just............speechless. The freaks come out at night..........

I'm hardly a freak, I post on City-Data all the time. I am not the only one that feels as I do. He will certainly not win the state of TN. Even Gore whose home is Nashville, lost his home state.
What makes you right and me wrong? Do a google search and you will see it has been questioned by many about his heritage. Now---I'm a freak for expressing my opinion. I thought we had Freedom of Speech in the US .

Diane G

Old 08-30-2008, 01:05 AM

1,914 posts, read 2,107,471 times
Quote:
Obama is an elitist. Now THAT's funny.
He's not?

Do YOU live in a 1.6 million dollar home?

Do you have a starving half-brother?

Do you tell other people who have less than you how you will "save" them b/c they aren't smart enough to save themselves?

No, not an elitist. Living in La-la land at best. Look what happened to Kirkpatrick...whom Obama supported tooth and nail. You probably have no clue until you google what I'm referring to.

Here's the thing...you can vote on a wing and a prayer. Heck you can post ridiculous opinions that have no foundation in fact OR fiction, which others here seem to do every day and all day long...do your due diligence. This POTUS race has nothing to do with the past, everything to do with the immediate and short-term future. If you vote for Obama b/c he's black and you're black, then you are nothing better than a sheep. Same in reverse.

Do your research. Others do not and it's eeeeping obvious.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:09 AM

10,329 posts, read 8,951,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I don't doubt it... My neighbors the bible thumper - born again of course -told me the same thing.."Bible says - "beware of the black man".
I don't get the "born again of course" part.

Having lived in in other parts of the US, I've known many that have used that phrase when speaking of their spiritual beliefs. None bore any animus towards blacks.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:37 AM

1,447 posts, read 3,355,512 times
Quote:
It's not him being black , that's no problem here, its the Arab part.

Diane G

Good God.

I'm not supporting him- I'm not sure yet but it pains me to hear another sheeple fall prey to the bogus culture war and the lame propaganda that goes with it.

Obama is mixed and was raised in a home w/o a Black parent so yes- I'm sure it's no problem. Oh please, can someone get a clue?

I think McCain is actually throwing the election. I have no idea why. His choice is just an obvious mistake. Too obvious. Why would anyone throw it away like that? Unless he is just a puppet with handlers pulling the strings.
That's what I used to think Obama was. I am now officially at a loss.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:03 AM

7,577 posts, read 15,037,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I don't get the "born again of course" part.

Having lived in in other parts of the US, I've known many that have used that phrase when speaking of their spiritual beliefs. None bore any animus towards blacks.
Sorry Doc - didn't mean to offend... what I meant was, it seems to be the ones who just found Jesus - Born Again Christians who sometimes tend to misunderstand or misinterpret the bible and use their translation to justify "hatred" for those who are different from them. Not all Christians are bad people

Old 08-30-2008, 06:05 AM

7,577 posts, read 15,037,704 times
Quote:
Yup. The Bible as translated by Bull Connor...........
very dangerous translation in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey