Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:42 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,670,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
What do you think of this:

NorthJersey.com: Is there a risk? (http://www.northjersey.com/news/Is_there_a_risk.html - broken link)

I am skeptical because face it, we are the pharmeceutical state and this is a boon to them.

On the other hand, I remember my pediatricain telling me that we think vaccines are so bad because we no longer see the diseases that came along before they did. (She has done extensive work in some 3rd world countries and has seen those disesases up close.)

Just wondering what everyone thinks.
this is not a hot button for me. my kids are vax'ed. my only concern are vaxs that don't have a long proven history - such as the varicella vax. i waited as long as possible before giving it to my kids (and hoping they'd contract it naturally). now that the vax has a 10 yr history, we're seeing the need for boosters, and kids/adults getting pox after getting the shot.

i don't have a daughter, but if i did, i'd wait as long as possible before giving her the gardisil vax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 09:46 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,780,273 times
We can all learn from George Carlin:
YouTube - George Carlin - Fear of Germs

Old 09-03-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
We can all learn from George Carlin:
YouTube - George Carlin - Fear of Germs
God, he rocked. RIP George.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:27 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,930,342 times
This is the biggest problem:

"Children age 6 months to 59 months entering accredited preschools this year must now receive an annual influenza shot."

Since they haven't removed mercury from most of the flu shots and mercury is known toxin that has been removed from most other shots. Corslime said he wouldn't sign a law requiring a mandatory flu shot until they were all mercury free but then the pharmaceutical companies started lobbying and look where we ended up.

IMO - anyone who injects their kid with a shot containing mercury is ill-informed at best.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:42 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,326,519 times
While I agree it's a lot of shots, with the high influx of people coming in and out of this country, how can we be stupid enough NOT to protect our children? You don't know who's bringing what and from where!!!

In addition, look at the rise in diseases or infections that are coming back after having been dormant or almost unheard of for quite some time.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:58 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,945,348 times
I don't profess to be an expert on the subject. I can see both sides. I am suspicious of big business, and pharmecueticals are big business. But I do think that we have to protect ourselves from disease too. I mean, if we had not developed a vaccine for small pox, it would still be killing us. And yes, world travel has become more common and, as a result, we are seeing cases of things we never saw before. So what's the best answer? Thaiti, that is a smart approach, let's wait and see...

Old 09-03-2008, 01:07 PM

2,730 posts, read 6,113,703 times
How about requiring vaccines for people coming into the country?

Old 09-03-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
I don't profess to be an expert on the subject. I can see both sides. I am suspicious of big business, and pharmecueticals are big business. But I do think that we have to protect ourselves from disease too. I mean, if we had not developed a vaccine for small pox, it would still be killing us. And yes, world travel has become more common and, as a result, we are seeing cases of things we never saw before. So what's the best answer? Thaiti, that is a smart approach, let's wait and see...
i'm not an expert, and i feel as you do - skeptical because of big business, but also seeing a real need. i guess that's why i've got a "meh" attitude. a necessary evil, perhaps?

as far as flu vaccines, i've gotten them in the past when my kids were very small b/c my DH and I were the ones who got sick, not them, lol. i don't anymore and neither to my children as they are not in a high risk group.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:19 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,945,348 times
That would be an idea Irish Eyes.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:14 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,896,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Way to many shots at a young age.
This is one of the things that the people saying "it's not the mercury" don't want you to hear. There is a segment of doctors and parents who believe that it may be the number of vaccines injected in a very condensed period of time that "may" be causing autism. Doctors who are pro vaccines always talk about the mercury but never discuss the fact that the "brains immune system" and how it reacts to the numerous chemicals injected into the system over a short period is effected. Some doctors suggest giving the vaccines but spreading them out over a longer period.

I also do not have faith in the drug testing that is done prior to a drug being approved by the FDA. How many drugs get pulled from the market because of side effects or incomplete or irregular data?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: