Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Oh, i didn't mean you or anyone here said that. I meant I've heard or read people say exactly that. Not wanting the vaccine has nothing to do with purity for most people I know. Nor do they think "my little girl would never". They do not want them injected because of the vaccine itself and the lack of testing. There's also the question of how long it lasts. Starting at 11 it may lose it's effectiveness just as they go off to college. They don't know.
Yup. I agree - just like with the pox vax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 04:30 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times
Yeah, you hate to see others used as "guinea pigs" but I really would like to know more before doing it such a young person. I mean not all kids are open and honest about what they're doing, but at 11 going on 12, I drop her off, pick her up and monitor her pretty well, so unless she's doing something at her b/f's house in the middle of the living room in front of the girls' parents, I don't think she's doing anything yet lol. So it's not a concern to me...and especially because we really don't know if it wears off, when they may need it again AND what the side effects are.

Did anyone see that report a few years ago on why our children are maturing so fast...because of the ridiculous amount of hormones injected into our foods and meats? Well, how do we know we're not damaging them more by this vaccine?

I say we should definitely stick with the norm. Make them get the ones that we've been getting all along to fight infections and diseases, but something that is sexually related, should really be up to the parents and individual. Texas made it mandatory I believe that every girl age 12 and up needs it. Why 12? Their bodies are barely that of a woman, they're just going through their own changes!!!

And Irish Eyes, I didn't think you directed it toward me about religion...but I agree because I've seen people relate one to the other.

What I said before about dummy kids...I stick with, you will get kids who think it's a free ticket, not all but some...and just to reiterate, I'm totally sticking to agreeing with whomever said all people coming into this country should be vaccinated, I couldn't agree more!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Yup. I agree - just like with the pox vax.
The chicken pox is the only one I don't know if I agree with getting....I remember a long time ago my children's doctor told me that it doesn't necessarily prevent chicken pox. So then why have it? I always opted against it. My oldest had the chicken pox, not terribly bad, but she still had it. Plus, I remember being a kid and it was kind of known that when one kid got it, your parents threw you all in a room together to make sure you all caught it and got it over and done with...because technically, by the time the actual rash shows itself as proof, everyone around you could've been infected with it already. It can stay dormant from 7-21 days prior to appearing.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:40 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
The chicken pox is the only one I don't know if I agree with getting....I remember a long time ago my children's doctor told me that it doesn't necessarily prevent chicken pox. So then why have it? I always opted against it. My oldest had the chicken pox, not terribly bad, but she still had it. Plus, I remember being a kid and it was kind of known that when one kid got it, your parents threw you all in a room together to make sure you all caught it and got it over and done with...because technically, by the time the actual rash shows itself as proof, everyone around you could've been infected with it already. It can stay dormant from 7-21 days prior to appearing.
i would not have gotten it for my boys but law was passed that all kids born after 1/1/98 had to have it - my kids are 5/98. oh well. i was hoping a neighborhood kid would've gotten it - i would've done what you mentioned.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:33 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
Yes the flu shot contains 25 micrograms - or 50,000 parts per billion - of mercury. The EPA classifies a liquid with 200 parts per billion of mercury as hazardous waste. The limit for drinking water is 2 parts per billion.

Using the standards set for methyl mercury consumption - the kind that's in fish - an average 130-pound person getting the flu shot would exceed the daily limit by more than four times. A 22-pound baby would get more than 25 times the amount of mercury considered safe.

Also a child is not taking this in orally. The stomach enzymes have no chance to break it down. It is being injected directly into the blood stream, which makes the situation even more serious.

Even the CDC agreed that injecting mercury containing vaccines into children was "unwise" which is why they moved to remove mercury from other shots given to children.
Cite your sources and be specific to which type of mercury you are referring to...most anti-vaxer's use MM and ignore EM. It may have been "unwise" but given what the life-saving MM containing vax's proved vs. not vaxing...which won decades ago?

Most vaccines are not oral and never have been. And I did say MOST. So where exactly is the problem? What was the percentage of people who contracted Small Pox after the SP vaccine? Or TB or Measles or Mumps or Rubella?

A 22 pound baby would get more than 25 % of the mercury that's "safe" compared to what and who? Safe according to what? You're telling me that pediatricians around the world are handing out flu shots to 22 or less than pounds of baby KNOWING that it could potentially kill them?

Really? The pharmaceutical conspiracy to make major money at any costs has resorted to injecting babies with mercury? Ok.. now prove it.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:54 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post

You can get titers checked after the vax to know if the vax worked or not...so that doctor who told you differently was an idiot.

Hey, whatever floats your boat...but do you know that 7 out of 100,000 kids die from varicella? It may never be YOUR kid...but it's always some other mom's or dad's. And how would you feel if you knew that YOUR kid gave it to that one kid who died from it?

Yeah, easy to worry about a shot that won't harm anyone...but given the time it takes for varicella to actually show itself symptomatically...you've exposed hundreds of people to it. And some of them will be immunocompromised and either die from or endure more than they needed to thanks to your un-vaxed kid.

Maybe you have no community responsibility...maybe it's all about you and what you want for you and your kids...that's ok. But you have no right to believe that carrying a very contagious disease around (before presenting) in one of your kids will never and does never affect anyone else.

Chicken pox parties are the most irresponsible pieces of granola mom crap I have ever heard. Raise chickens for food or sale, homeschool away...but purposely expose your kid to a disease that he/she never needs to have, let alone allowing your kids to wander around civilization exposing themselves to others to it while waiting for the "rash" to set in.......irresponsible and pathetic.

And if I am wrong, and all those chickenpox parties mean you hole yourself and your family up for the 20+ days it takes to present...good for you...but I doubt it.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:48 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,947,660 times
See I had wicked bad chicken pox and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. If you can avoid it - avoid it.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:44 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Cite your sources and be specific to which type of mercury you are referring to...most anti-vaxer's use MM and ignore EM. It may have been "unwise" but given what the life-saving MM containing vax's proved vs. not vaxing...which won decades ago?

Most vaccines are not oral and never have been. And I did say MOST. So where exactly is the problem? What was the percentage of people who contracted Small Pox after the SP vaccine? Or TB or Measles or Mumps or Rubella?

A 22 pound baby would get more than 25 % of the mercury that's "safe" compared to what and who? Safe according to what? You're telling me that pediatricians around the world are handing out flu shots to 22 or less than pounds of baby KNOWING that it could potentially kill them?

Really? The pharmaceutical conspiracy to make major money at any costs has resorted to injecting babies with mercury? Ok.. now prove it.
What are you talking about? No amount of mercury is safe and everybody, except for you, seems to understand that. The flu shot is one of the last shots given to kids that still contains mercury. Why would you chose to defend this? Seems a little misguided at best.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
You can get titers checked after the vax to know if the vax worked or not...so that doctor who told you differently was an idiot.

Hey, whatever floats your boat...but do you know that 7 out of 100,000 kids die from varicella? It may never be YOUR kid...but it's always some other mom's or dad's. And how would you feel if you knew that YOUR kid gave it to that one kid who died from it?

Yeah, easy to worry about a shot that won't harm anyone...but given the time it takes for varicella to actually show itself symptomatically...you've exposed hundreds of people to it. And some of them will be immunocompromised and either die from or endure more than they needed to thanks to your un-vaxed kid.

Maybe you have no community responsibility...maybe it's all about you and what you want for you and your kids...that's ok. But you have no right to believe that carrying a very contagious disease around (before presenting) in one of your kids will never and does never affect anyone else.

Chicken pox parties are the most irresponsible pieces of granola mom crap I have ever heard. Raise chickens for food or sale, homeschool away...but purposely expose your kid to a disease that he/she never needs to have, let alone allowing your kids to wander around civilization exposing themselves to others to it while waiting for the "rash" to set in.......irresponsible and pathetic.

And if I am wrong, and all those chickenpox parties mean you hole yourself and your family up for the 20+ days it takes to present...good for you...but I doubt it.

Dude, back off with your hostility...it's not all about me or any anti-community theory you think I have...get a grip for god's sake and calm down. Homeschool? What are you even talking about? And just for the record, you can't protect yourself or your family from EVERYTHING...that's living in a bubble and bubbles don't exist. Do some more research and read why so many kids have allergies nowadays, especially to peanuts. They put out a huge article on how it's the parents causing it because we're sooo conscious of germs, infections, diseases and whatnot, that we are fanatical about keeping our children clean to the point that their bodies don't recognize even common things anymore and react to it as an "allergy". So before you judge me on something I said, check yourself bubbleboy/girl.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:02 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,947,660 times
Funny you say that Pixie.
My b-i-l has 3 kids and is a germophobe. Bad. His kids were always SO sickly where as mine were not. Our pediatrician (we use the same) told me one day - if he would actually EXPOSE the kids to germs they would not be so sick all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: