Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:26 AM

5 posts, read 37,411 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We're moving in NJ in June and are looking for a location and apartments.

What do you think of Englewood, is it a nice place to live ?

I saw these new apartments, The Brownstones at Englewood South and the Towne Centre at Englewood. Has anybody something to say about these new apartments ? Is the location good ? Which one is the best ?

Thanks for you answers !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 12:59 AM

2 posts, read 17,092 times
Default englewood

Those 2 locations you mentioned are in the south sections of englewood. Basically anything south of the train tracks is the bad section. The new towne centre condos they are building are literally right next to the projects and mackay park. North Englewood and Englewood cliffs are much nicer areas but they are also very expensive. The good news is south englewood is slowly being renovated but I wouldnt stay there right now

Old 02-13-2007, 01:09 PM

64 posts, read 297,684 times
Default south Englewood

south and west englewood are good if you plan on just staying inside and only leaving to go to work and keep your children in private schools i currently live on first street and fourth street the kids in this neighborhood always go into teaneck and fight and the teaneck kids come here and fight and the gangs are changing every four blocks and my car just got broken into in jan. if i were you i would try the towne centre biulding on the ave (palisade ave)

Old 02-23-2007, 08:38 AM

5 posts, read 37,411 times
Default Englewood

Thanks for your reply
It is really good to know that south englewood is not that great!
And have you heard something about the Windsor Park ? It's close to the golf court.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:00 AM

thats south englewood again lol but at least that is seperated from everything else by the highway i guess you should look into it because its right on route four east only problem is that to get home you have 2 get off on decatur ave make three lefts get back on the highway and then pull in 2 the lot but your main concern should be of the schools i would recommed saint cecila's just north of palisade ave o and for the person who said south of the train tracks there is no such thing the train tracks run east to west the 4th ward aka south englewood indurstry park starts from palisade aveune and williams street and ends with the borders of englewood but other then that your staements have been on point

Old 03-11-2007, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 12,691 times
Default I'm not Afraid of Living; Come what may!

Where are the cool hang spots in Englewood for the over 30 crowd? I don't care where; south, east, down or up. I leave fear to the unliving.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:28 PM

359 posts, read 2,592,953 times
Theres no real nightlife in Englewood. On Palisades Ave. there are some bars and there this restaurant and club named Sangria that I heard is good but its expensive as hell. But the only places there would be some nightlife is on Palisades Ave. If you just ask a local where "The Ave" is they will show you.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:32 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smjo View Post
Where are the cool hang spots in Englewood for the over 30 crowd? I don't care where; south, east, down or up. I leave fear to the unliving.
Kind of a strange question. Most there hang in other areas. Commuter cool if you will. If you spend any time there you will see right away. More of a place for the over 30 crowd to snooze not hang.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:12 PM

let me just explain something about englewood because before i was just upset about my car being broken into i have lived in englewood all of my life and personally i feel Englewood is a great place and the changes that are going around are hard on most of the residents Englewood was always mainly black lower middle class with richer areas like teaneck and englewood cliffs behind it but i wouldnt want to grow up any place else everybody didnt just know everybody you talked to them white black spanish far eastern didnt matter Englewood was full of people who had dreams and wanted the magic of new york city but got stuck in traffic on the turnpike and fell in love now living in englewood wasnt always pretty it was always the bergen county suburban living englewood was a world away from everything but back to these changes i cant understand how you can tear to history for the upper class and just threw the middle class and lower class to the curb we pay high taxes higer then hackensack but we made this city what it is and having a higher density is understandable but dont make every thing high end and dont make everything low end keep the nieghborhoods the way they were open up new schools another library branch another precint improve the parks do more things for the citizens here fix the sidewalks and instead of making a light rail of the expensive train why not make a path train style connection to new york

Old 03-20-2007, 08:46 AM

359 posts, read 2,592,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLIDGE AVE View Post
let me just explain something about englewood because before i was just upset about my car being broken into i have lived in englewood all of my life and personally i feel Englewood is a great place and the changes that are going around are hard on most of the residents Englewood was always mainly black lower middle class with richer areas like teaneck and englewood cliffs behind it but i wouldnt want to grow up any place else everybody didnt just know everybody you talked to them white black spanish far eastern didnt matter Englewood was full of people who had dreams and wanted the magic of new york city but got stuck in traffic on the turnpike and fell in love now living in englewood wasnt always pretty it was always the bergen county suburban living englewood was a world away from everything but back to these changes i cant understand how you can tear to history for the upper class and just threw the middle class and lower class to the curb we pay high taxes higer then hackensack but we made this city what it is and having a higher density is understandable but dont make every thing high end and dont make everything low end keep the nieghborhoods the way they were open up new schools another library branch another precint improve the parks do more things for the citizens here fix the sidewalks and instead of making a light rail of the expensive train why not make a path train style connection to new york
Teaneck....Rich? HA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey