Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 07:56 AM

23 posts, read 70,224 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Florida having lived most of my life in Northern Nevada. I was born and raised in Keansburg but haven't been there in more years then most of you are old! I was thinking about visiting there so if someone can tell me anything about how it is now I sure would appreciate it
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2006, 10:22 AM

467 posts, read 1,687,095 times
i grew up in union beach. moved to fl. 15 yrs ago. i went up for a visit last year but only went to the keansburg boardwalk. the stockhouse is gone and there is a nice water slide. most of the boardwalk area looks the same but there was alot of construction going on also. it may be different now.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:33 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,742,066 times
Keansburg has been trying to revitalize its boardwalk/amusements for the past few years. I've gone with my children and it's a decent, inexpensive way to spend the day.

With real estate the way it's been in NJ, the property values have gone up, and there is a lot of building going on. Sadly, there is still a significant amount of drug activity in town, though.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:00 PM

23 posts, read 70,224 times
Thanks to you both. Is it still a summer resort so to speak?

Old 06-07-2006, 05:53 AM

467 posts, read 1,687,095 times
i left 15 years ago and it really wasnt that much of a resort then. new yorkers did day trips to the boardwalk but it was mostly locals.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:11 PM

6 posts, read 52,593 times
Keansburg is developing and they are trying hard to bring in more white collar people to the area. There is drug activity, but there are also more police on staff then any of the surrounding areas. Keansburg property values are all going up because they just did tax assessments of the whole town so everyone is getting slammed with higher taxes. The amusement and water parks still pack in plenty of people, but they have sold off the municipal lot and will probably build another devlopment on it in coming years. At least for this year you can still park there.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:10 PM

26 posts, read 119,451 times
Default Keansburg... now and then

When I was a kid we vacationed at Keansburg. I thought it wa a world away. Little did I know it was only 20 minutes down the Parkway and 10 minutes on Rt 36. all the is posted is true - rebuilding, the boardwalk is great and affordable - drugs and local problems - but it is no longer a vacation town. All the littl e bungalows are now all year round houses selling to $200k-$300k - UNBELIEVABLE. If you want to stay close to the ocean & bay for a few days and do day trips you might want to look for a B&B alomg Ocean Ave or any place from Atlantic Highlands down to Deal. Sdon't miss Sandy Hook. I have traveled the world and ti is still my favorite place to spend the day.
Take a trip up Rt 36 to Keyport - great little shops and a authentifc Irish Pub! Have Fun!

Old 08-02-2006, 06:57 AM

741 posts, read 3,503,371 times
As a child we would go to Keansburg a few times each summer. It was a little scary then and still scary now. The rides and the boardwalk are ok, but it's still a place where you dont want to be alone walking on the streets at night, if you know what I mean. It is NOT an upscale town, most people I know would never live in Keansburg. Bad reputations are hard to erase.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:30 PM

244 posts, read 1,048,146 times
I'm in 100% agreement with PattyNJ. And we were just on the rides there last week.

But I wouldn't live there.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:42 PM

6 posts, read 52,593 times
Default Druggies don't bother you

I have lived in Keansburg for over a year without any problems. Neighbors are nice enough, school is decent, and plenty of police protection. Get a big dog for your yard and you will never have a problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey