Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:58 PM

11 posts, read 72,349 times

Advertisements

I agree with Summer16. Snobs and brats in brick LOL. It is a nice middle class are that can get a little congested with all the mini mall traffic. Good shopping, good restaurants and pretty nice people (other than Ocean Love that is lol) Not sure about the Brick Schools however I notices when moving to TR and Manchester that the public schools Ive seen are better than the private schools in NY. (and my kid went to a highly regarded private school in NY) Nice faculty (with some exceptions im sure), good programs, security, parent participation and 1/2 the class size. This whole area has a homey feel. Come visit and see for yourself. Just a little advise check out your taxes before buying sometimes its almost as bad as another mortgage. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 02:04 PM

23 posts, read 118,219 times
Does anyone do the commute from Brick to NYC on the 137 bus? How is it?

Old 04-24-2007, 02:51 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
IMO, Brick Township has more of a "Sun Belt" feeling as a suburb than any other place in the state. What do I mean by this? Well, the infrastructure is still trying catch up with the population boom, the roads are completely overwhelmed with cars. Ocean County, in proximity to the Garden State Parkway is like this in general; Brick is the epicenter. Secondly, the lack of character in the structure of the town is remiscent of 'edge cities' in the Sun Belt, namely, Marietta Georgia or Brandon Florida. The premium is on commercial and retail establishments, big box retail outlets especially. Residential neighborhoods and associated zoning tend to be completely exclusive to other forms of land use. Such is the norm in most of the country, however, not so in New Jersey. Brick Township, therefore, is an exception, to me. It does not feel like New Jersey, at least not physically. It feels more like suburban Birmingham.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 5,864 times
Hi, Thinking about moving to Brick (late 30's , 2 rugrats, married) and opening a business (like a panera bread, etc..). Currently live in Holmdel - just to darn expensive these days...anyone a business owner in Brick , if so, all good?

Old 05-27-2007, 10:57 AM

409 posts, read 2,782,967 times
I live in Brick, son in law is a cop here and the crime is low on our end of town. He says it is higher the other end, Herbertsville section. We are on a lagoon 27 years now and the taxes are now going higher and higher. Alot of restaurants and alot of traffic now. There are alot of water houses for sale, i suppose because of the taxes. We love it here but some day will have to consider moving.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:43 PM

3 posts, read 47,742 times
My Uncle has lived in Brick for the past 8 or 9 years. He is raising two little boys there. From what he says the schools are good. From what I have seen from visiting, it is a very nice area.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:13 PM

15 posts, read 95,590 times
Default i am very familiar with the town--some parts okay...

but lets just say this--of COURSE its the safest town i america. you cant steal whats up on blocks in someones front yard!!

Old 05-29-2007, 05:56 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,297,251 times
I just passed Brick town on the way to Atlantic City over the long weekend. The Chuck E Cheese there is great, the traffic was very congested, both GSP and Rt 9, many new constructions, the town seems to be booming...

Old 05-30-2007, 07:51 AM

34 posts, read 131,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F Rim View Post
If you would like to see pictures of the NJ area, check out my web site from my profile page.

Regards
Beautiful pictures F Rim. Some of them brought back a lot of memories.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 5,780 times
Default LakeRivieraRocks

Lake Riviera is awesome.. They used to have a disco right in the middle of the development.. My parents used to go and then I would throw parties. I was 12. There are awesome trails called the Indian Trails.. we used to light bonfires and run from the cops like Bender... Plus we loved new homes being built-- b/c we used to drink and hang out when we were teens. and take boys there too.. plus when a house wasn't bulit on the corner.. i caught my sister with 20 cigarettes in her mouth at the same time and used to toss the dog **** over the fence when the neighbors weren't looking-- the new homewoners can thank me for theri wonderful green grass... Plus there were only 2 puerto rican familes in the neighborhood and one black behind the KFC they had a red driveway.. plus if the pole is bent behind burger king sorry that was me in my grandmothers car..... plus it is a good place to jog to your your boyfriends house when you are not allowed out EVER!! you can slide into anyone's for a quickie and the neighbors would never know-- plus the dead end is for great for fishing-- watch out for the snapping turtles and people living in bushes getting fed strawberry milkshake and bolivian food. with fresh string beans from the trees. the front end Lake rivy-- has special trees that grow spermanated cookoo berries that are very tasty.
please move here we love it -- but now we call it Brick Tucky.. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey