Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 08:09 PM

323 posts, read 2,088,872 times

Advertisements

LOL....awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Hey, I'm Italian!!!! I grew up in the Belleville/Bloomfield/Nutley area (the "pasta triangle", the "pasta bowl")....almost everyone was Italian, the handful that weren't were Irish and EVERYONE was a Catholic LOL!!!! It's not like that anymore. While I know for a fact half of them didn't leave, half did. Nutley and Bloomfield are still predominently Italian. Belleville, pretty much only the parents of my generation (if they're still living there) and "old-timers". The younger and newer generations moving in are of Asian and Hispanic background. However, the "old school" Italians in those towns are funny because if you're not Italian they give you that look and say "You're not Italian, waddya mean?" (as if the person said "Hi, my name is--insert name-- I'm from Mars") But yes, Bergen and Essex counties are full of Italians, some are obnoxious, some are totally cool, like me ( ), and some still cook in their summer kitchens down the basement and put plastic on their couches !!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 12:24 PM

88 posts, read 536,073 times
Where aren't the Italians? Oh yea, the ghetto! This is Jersey, outside of the black and hispanic neighborhoods...where aren't the Italians?

Old 07-06-2008, 12:26 PM

88 posts, read 536,073 times
Also....since you're on city-data.com....go on this exact website...and look up all the towns and cities your hearts desire and check out the Italian population in each one and find out.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:53 PM

21 posts, read 139,549 times
Washington Twp. - right off the BHP in s Jersey - All the italians are moving from S Philly over to Twp, if there is a POP's water ice than there are italians

Old 07-06-2008, 01:52 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,076 times
Here's some Italians - watch them sing!

YouTube - Simona collura e sal da vinci cu'mme

Old 07-06-2008, 03:20 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,598,166 times
I can't be bothered going through all 8 pages but did anyone mention Netcong in Morris County Yet?

Old 07-06-2008, 04:58 PM

210 posts, read 1,139,223 times
Essex County (Western half) has Italians, and btw New Jersey is only 17% Italian.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:10 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,901,229 times
Nutley, Lyndhurst, Lodi and Bloomfield

Old 07-06-2008, 07:33 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,995,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlGuy View Post
Yep, any major store here in Northern New Jersey has all signs in English and Spanish. Our voting ballots are in English and Spanish. This is currently a bilingual state. You can thank our spineless politicians for the current situation. Political correctness gone mad.
Any store that is own by an immigrant in this state and many others, usually has signs establishing their identity in their language. Chinese restaturants have their own language emblazoned everywhere, even their menus, and so does other asian groups, as well as other groups. Why is it that the Spanish issue seems to be making people so uncomfortable? They have the same rights, as you do, as long as they are not here illegally. And the illegals here are from many other countries, not just from Spanish countries. Furthermore, with over 18 countries that speak Spanish, with high rates of fertility, it is conceivable that eventually they will become the majority. My advice to you, GET USED TO IT! But it seems to me that right at this moment, your RACISM IS BLATANT!

Old 07-06-2008, 08:45 PM

7 posts, read 27,957 times
I am Italian and have ment many other Italians in my area. I sell homes to many of the Italians from South Philly. The Swedesboro/Woolwich have many of us Italians here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey