Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times

Advertisements

Gloucester-camden-northwestern burlington-ocean-cumberland- atlantic-cape may-atlantic coastal cape may-coastal atlantic- coastal ocean-southeastern burlington-carbon-monroe-berks-lehigh- northampton-chester-montgomery-bucks-delaware-philadelphia- including the cities of...wilmington...dover...georgetown... Rehoboth beach...elkton...chestertown...centreville...easto n... Denton...newton...washington...morristown...flemin gton... Somerville...new brunswick...freehold...sandy hook...trenton... Pennsville...glassboro...camden...cherry hill...moorestown... Mount holly...jackson...millville...hammonton... Cape may court house...ocean city...atlantic city... Long beach island...wharton state forest...jim thorpe... Stroudsburg...reading...allentown...bethlehem...we st chester... Norristown...doylestown...media...philadelphia 1201 pm edt fri sep 5 2008 ...flood watch remains in effect from saturday afternoon through late saturday night... The flood watch continues for * portions of delaware...northeast maryland...new jersey and pennsylvania...including the following areas...in delaware... Delaware beaches...inland sussex...kent and new castle. In northeast maryland...caroline...cecil...kent md...queen annes and talbot. In new jersey...atlantic...atlantic coastal cape may...camden...cape may...coastal atlantic...coastal ocean... Cumberland...eastern monmouth...gloucester...hunterdon... Mercer...middlesex...morris...northwestern burlington... Ocean...salem...somerset...southeastern burlington...sussex... Warren and western monmouth. In pennsylvania...berks...bucks... Carbon...chester...delaware...lehigh...monroe...mo ntgomery... Northampton and philadelphia. * from saturday afternoon through late saturday night * at 11 am edt...tropical storm hanna was located about 110 miles east of daytona beach florida. It was moving northwest at about 20 miles per hour...and this motion should continue today with a gradual turn to the north tonight. the storm will move along the middle atlantic coast saturday and saturday night. It is expected to bring 3 to 7 inches of rain to the watch area from late friday night into saturday night. These rainfall totals have the potential to produce flooding across the area. The highest amounts are expected in pennsylvania and new jersey. * in the flood watch area...roads and poor drainage areas may become flooded. Also...small creeks and streams may run high or go out of their banks with this event. You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to move to higher ground should flooding develop. Anyone driving who encounters a flooded roadway should not try to drive across it. Find an alternate route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 10:22 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,360,499 times
Uh oh. Hope everyone stays safe.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:22 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,177 times
Well, I hate to see it, but we need the rain, it hasn't rain in quite a while and stuff is looking helluva brown lately. But, everyone, if you have to go outside & drive, drive carefully.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:27 AM

730 posts, read 2,887,248 times
Ugg... I have to drive to Delaware on Saturday.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
so, we haven't had weather like this in what? 2 months? and hanna decides to make her presence the ONE DAY I have an outdoor activity?

We WERE going to the Union County Music Fest to see the B52's and Gin Blossoms (amongst others) but can't now that the world is going to end. Rain place is Kean, no thanks.

Stay safe everyone - looks like a chair rail moulding and decorative box installation day.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:42 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
No plans for us.. but it could help with the open house on Sunday - everyone will be wanting to get out if they are cooped up all day on Saturday!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:48 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times
I don't mind it, as long as everyone is safe. We need the rain for sure and a (hopeful) break in humidity.

However, I'm laughing at wiley's post because the news may as well have summed it all up by saying "Floods up entire East Coast to NJ, board your windows and watch your a$$e$". LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 10:56 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,947,660 times
I'm just glad it is going to rid us of the 90 degree heat...for now.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:06 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,974,152 times
Looks like my sump pumps will get a good workout this weekend. Luckily the nearest river (South Branch of the Raritan) is about 50 feet below me.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:13 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
What speed winds are they calling for in addition to the flood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey