Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 AM

17 posts, read 48,942 times

Advertisements

I LOVE gsm....there are so many great stores to choose from....but yes i agree the parking is terrible...I only go there if i will be there for the whole day.....there is no such thing as "im just going to run in really quick...i'll be right back!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 03:27 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,226 times
The trick is to obviously not go to GSP on Friday and Saturday. The place is as crowded as the Disney theme parks (on-season day) due to the fact that the mall only has 10,000 or so parking spaces. If only Westfield added more parking spaces than just the ones under the theater, when they were renovating, perhaps, there would be less headaches. The new parking lot section in the old movie theater location doesn't actually help either despite it being very very far. That place gets amazingly filled up within two hours. I sometimes feel the urge to pick up Riverside's garage parking and pluck it in GSP's parking lot.

Anyways, I prefer going to Paramus Park over GSP on weekends since it gets the national average mall crowd (except for holiday shopping).

Old 09-25-2008, 06:26 PM

12 posts, read 44,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
I used to love it, but I'm a Paramus Park Convert. Not as much to do there, but it's less packed, usually gets a better crowd and it's nice.

I remember when GSP was still an OUTDOOR mall!

Remember the giant Santa Claus in the parking lot at Christmas??

Old 09-25-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapshoe View Post
It was Bambergers and some plant nursery! Sherry

Arcadian Gardens, I believe.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:35 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,855,804 times
has anyone figured out why Barnes and Noble in Hackensack is allowed to be open on Sunday?

Are stores now allowed to be open on Sunday and now they choose not to be open?

Old 09-26-2008, 11:45 AM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,103,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
has anyone figured out why Barnes and Noble in Hackensack is allowed to be open on Sunday?

Are stores now allowed to be open on Sunday and now they choose not to be open?
My only guess Hackensack is more lenient with Blue Laws then let's say Paramus (where Barnes and Noble is closed on Sunday's), but The Mall -Shops @ Riverside is still closed on Sunday.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:53 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,855,804 times
i always thought it was a county wide law!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:27 PM

For some reason book stores are exempt. Borders in Ramsey was always open on Sunday, IIRC.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:16 PM

370 posts, read 1,369,737 times
I can't stand Garden State Plaze anymore... It way too crowded and the parking is horrible. It causes traffic all around the area too and makes it difficut to get around there even when not going to the mall.
I prefer Paramus Park but I wish they get just a few more nice stores. The crowd there is so much nicer and it is so much easier to shop there.
I love Riverside too. Nice and easy to shop or grab a bite to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey