Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:24 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times

Advertisements

badfish....whatever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 08:27 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
badfish....whatever
Keep taking cues from Eric Scott's playbook-I'm sure Jim Gearheart would be proud.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:31 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
No, I just respond to people who fail to understand that teacher is to administrator as union worker is to supervisor.
Dude, administrators can be members of the NJEA. The NJEA is open to all employed in a professional capacity at a public school, university, even an agency... its open to teachers, administrators, substitutes, even counselors.

Its most definitely the NJEA's responsibility to monitor this.

--------Edit--------

Let me rephrase that. Its in their best interest to monitor this type of abuse of the system.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Dude, administrators can be members of the NJEA. The NJEA is open to all employed in a professional capacity at a public school, university, even an agency... its open to teachers, administrators, substitutes, even counselors.
Fair enough-I'm dead wrong on that account-you think I would know these things... However, it doesn't change the fact that NJEA members or not-the administrators/school boards will attempt to screw the teachers at every turn. They're not exactly "thick as thieves." I'm just trying to make the point that the "101.5 mentality" on this board is that teachers and administrators are all the same and therefore worthless scum.

*For some reason I'm just in the mood for a good battle this morning-not entirely sure why...

Old 09-10-2008, 08:41 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Fair enough-I'm dead wrong on that account-you think I would know these things... However, it doesn't change the fact that NJEA members or not-the administrators/school boards will attempt to screw the teachers at every turn. They're not exactly "thick as thieves." I'm just trying to make the point that the "101.5 mentality" on this board is that teachers and administrators are all the same and therefore worthless scum.
No, the two aren't mutually inclusive. At the same time, its not mutually exclusive either. The ones who end up as administrators are typically the more corrupt (or easily corruptible) teachers, which constitutes (unfortunately) the majority.

The more scams like this we let slip by, the more we pay for them. If the NJEA and its members want to prove themselves as beneficial to the public, instead of a scum-ridden leech on society, they would do well to eliminate these types of abuses, formally and publicly destroying their membership, and barring them from renewal.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
The more scams like this we let slip by, the more we pay for them. If the NJEA and its members want to prove themselves as beneficial to the public, instead of a scum-ridden leech on society, they would do well to eliminate these types of abuses, formally and publicly destroying their membership, and barring them from renewal.
I hear what you're saying. I'm just sick of the constant drumbeat of "I-wouldn't-pee-on-my-kid's-teacher-if-they-were-on-fire-for-no-other-reason-than-they-get-summers-off-and-I-don't" crowd. My solution is to fire all the Superintendents, school boards, etc...and make 21 neat little districts with 21 Superintendents. Doesn't exactly make me popular with the corrupt establishment. Of course if that were to actually happen the very folks who rail against property taxes (blaming teachers as the primary cause) in say, Lawrenceville would immediately switch sides once they realized that their precious little Johnny would be lumped into the same district as *gasp* minorities from *double gasp* TRENTON!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I hear what you're saying. I'm just sick of the constant drumbeat of "I-wouldn't-pee-on-my-kid's-teacher-if-they-were-on-fire-for-no-other-reason-than-they-get-summers-off-and-I-don't" crowd. My solution is to fire all the Superintendents, school boards, etc...and make 21 neat little districts with 21 Superintendents. Doesn't exactly make me popular with the corrupt establishment. Of course if that were to actually happen the very folks who rail against property taxes (blaming teachers as the primary cause) in say, Lawrenceville would immediately switch sides once they realized that their precious little Johnny would be lumped into the same district as *gasp* minorities from *double gasp* TRENTON!!!
badfish, on that I agree!!!
Truth be told I don't have an issue with the rank & file teachers, considering the attitude of many parents today regarding their undisciplined little kiddos, I don't envy teachers at all.

That said the NJEA owes the public to clean up it's mess, get rid of bad teachers, cut the fat at the top and use the savings to recruit good teachers and retain them

Old 09-10-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Keep taking cues from Eric Scott's playbook-I'm sure Jim Gearheart would be proud.

Ok..like who are they??

Old 09-10-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Ok..like who are they??
Oh come on? You aren't familiar with the Grand Wizard himself, Eric Scott? He's the orchestrator of the universal educator hate machine known as 101.5! He and his toadie Jim Gearheart lead pretty much every pogrom on teachers here in New Jersey during morning drive time.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Oh come on? You aren't familiar with the Grand Wizard himself, Eric Scott? He's the orchestrator of the universal educator hate machine known as 101.5!
Nope, I have Sirrius radio and only turn on WDHA in the AM for a traffic update, then switch back to Sirrius
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey