U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:25 PM

1,048 posts, read 3,213,349 times

Advertisements

I live in Toms River. It is a large city with a lot of commercial stores. Similar to Brick. I know there is what appears to be a nice apartment complex on Bay Avenue between Rt 9 and Hooper Ave. Closer to Rt. 9. I don't know how nice they are or what the rent is but the complex looks nice from the road. I also know there are apts. to stay away from but I think if you drive through you'll know.

The problem with this area TR and Brick is that most jobs tend to be hourly or retail. Their isn't a lot of big business and industry. I don't know the rent situation but I would check the Tinton Falls area. Places around Exit 105 & 109.

Your boyfriend should have a fairly easy commute because he is going against the traffic in the morning. You will be about 30-45 minutes from a lot more places...north and west you have woodbridge, Freehold, and places in between.

If you could line up a job and then figure out where to move of course that would be best. That way if you do find something close to Brick you have a lot of affordable options fairly close by (brick, toms river, manchester). However if you get something further north then you know you have to look for something in between. The issue with Freehold or Jackson is that they can be a pretty long commutes to certain other areas.

Good luck. I love living so close to the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 11:12 PM

71 posts, read 253,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrjersey View Post
I live in Toms River. It is a large city with a lot of commercial stores. Similar to Brick. I know there is what appears to be a nice apartment complex on Bay Avenue between Rt 9 and Hooper Ave. Closer to Rt. 9. I don't know how nice they are or what the rent is but the complex looks nice from the road. I also know there are apts. to stay away from but I think if you drive through you'll know.

The problem with this area TR and Brick is that most jobs tend to be hourly or retail. Their isn't a lot of big business and industry. I don't know the rent situation but I would check the Tinton Falls area. Places around Exit 105 & 109.

Your boyfriend should have a fairly easy commute because he is going against the traffic in the morning. You will be about 30-45 minutes from a lot more places...north and west you have woodbridge, Freehold, and places in between.

If you could line up a job and then figure out where to move of course that would be best. That way if you do find something close to Brick you have a lot of affordable options fairly close by (brick, toms river, manchester). However if you get something further north then you know you have to look for something in between. The issue with Freehold or Jackson is that they can be a pretty long commutes to certain other areas.

Good luck. I love living so close to the beach.
Thanks so much! That was extremely helpful!! I've been looking at a few of those locations further north like Freehold, because it seems like I would have more options (job-wise) up there. But if the area closer to Brick is a better place to live then I am willing to deal with a little bit of a commute. (Preferably nothing over 30-40 min.)

Old 09-16-2008, 11:50 PM

1,943 posts, read 4,387,605 times
If the job is in Brick I would look in Brick and in Point Pleasant Beach and Point Pleasant Boro. In Monmouth County I would check out Brielle, Manasquan, Wall, Belmar, Spring Lake Heights, Bradley Beach, Avon, Ocean Grove, Neptune City, Neptune Twp., and Asbury Park.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:46 AM

53 posts, read 101,697 times
not much work in those towns you list for a graphic designer. maybe try looking at hamilton and east windsor in mercer county. it's about 1-hr to the shore and you can work in the princeton/trenton route 1 corridor or even take the train to the city.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:37 AM

71 posts, read 253,868 times
Thanks a lot, I'm definitely going to check those places out!

Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 PM

11,020 posts, read 15,710,877 times
Avoid Lakewood, lots of problems with gangs.

Toms River, Brick, Pt Pleasant are all nice
Redbank, Brielle, Manasqaun as well
graphic designer...not much of a job market but you can always look into towns on the NJ transit route and take the train into NYC

Old 01-10-2009, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 7,131 times
hey i would love if u could help. we are in the exact same case, but we have one 2 years old boy. we want to move to toms river or towns around. can u tell me what u found out to be the best places around ??? thanks a lot

Old 03-31-2011, 03:04 PM

9 posts, read 18,983 times
Mantoloking oceanfront. It doesnt get any better....

Old 05-08-2011, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,934 times
Hello I am moving to Brick or lakewood area from the midwest and I'm looking for a good area to live with a family and a decent price. starting a new job in June.....anyone have any information

Old 05-08-2011, 05:51 PM

1,915 posts, read 2,404,790 times
I have a map of all NJT rtes PM me to see it. You will need a car in ocean as oceanride is a non factor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey