U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:01 AM

1,508 posts, read 5,624,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
:::Another newsflash:::
Easter Bunny caught for DWI coming out of pub517. Officer Billy Bob from Frelingfarfenuggen said he noticed the Easter bunny driving erracticly and pulled him over. Upon inspecting the vehicle, the officer found 2 kilos of cocaine, 2 AK-47. When questioned the Easter Bunny responded "Desperate times require desperate measures, the price of oil has skyrocketed and I cannot longer afford to import the cocoa beans to make the chocolates, and since I couldn't get financing, the colombian cartel seemed like a good idea to merge w/"

omg you are too freakin funny !!! thanks for the laughs
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 09:03 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,119,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
So, seriously, having been on Wall St for that long, you've seen the tides change.
How bad is it now? And no, I'm not looking for insider trading info. So, Feds, please no knocking on my door.
Just want an opinion of the current conditions and an honest one, not an overly paranoid one, unless there is reason to be paranoid.
Anybody that tells you they know that the market (will bounce back / fall even more) is full of Bull s..... Nobody can predict what will happen next ,but IMOA , I think the only ones that will get hurt right now are the ones that caused most of this mess anyway so screwwwww them ... IE the speculators that drove the oil prices up to almost 150 a barrell because of what they thought was going to happen, It did not happen and look at the price now......
Most people that are in for the long term will be fine.
The market will be up and down for a few weeks and then IMOA i think it will get back on track.......Again this is just my feelings and in no way do i have a chrystal ball, mark this day down (dow at 10,685.38 )and come back to me in a month and tell me how i am doing

Old 09-18-2008, 09:12 AM

505 posts, read 1,623,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
It is like taking a long car trip with your parents, all you can do is ask dad every five minutes (ARE WE THERE YET)

Having been on Wall St over 25 years
I would not worry about the FDIC (hey, it is the goverment, if they run out of money they just print some MORE)
While I agree, monetization is probably one of the last things the government wants to do, because then you leave the door open for inflation.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:39 AM

7,577 posts, read 21,038,232 times
Quote:
:::Another newsflash:::
Easter Bunny caught for DWI coming out of pub517. Officer Billy Bob from Frelingfarfenuggen said he noticed the Easter bunny driving erracticly and pulled him over. Upon inspecting the vehicle, the officer found 2 kilos of cocaine, 2 AK-47. When questioned the Easter Bunny responded "Desperate times require desperate measures, the price of oil has skyrocketed and I cannot longer afford to import the cocoa beans to make the chocolates, and since I couldn't get financing, the colombian cartel seemed like a good idea to merge w/"
I just bailed him out over this little mess! I told him, if you're going to be pulling this crap, at least look for cameras before you pull out your weapon!!! I don't think he's going to get out of jail time with this one!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:53 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,016,960 times
Quote:
:::HEADLINES NEWSFLASH:::

It's gotten so bad that rumor has it, Santa is filing for chapter 11 since not even God can secure some loans on this market. Santa even tried the devil for a bridge loan but the devil is in talks w/ God about a possible merger. Meanwhile the toothfairy is in talk w/ Santa about a possible buyout/takeover.

In the meantime, local loan shark Vinny Bagadonuts is standing by awaiting everyone to turn to him.
You KNOW it's bad when this happens....

Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,016,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
LMAO!!! I don't doubt it's true. I saw the Easter Bunny down at the local pub..and man was he hammered! Crying that the price of eggs this year is going to put him out of business. Said they are coming out with a synthetic substitute and another bunny has already cornered the market in NJ.
Probably a bunny from a foreign nation at that.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:59 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,024,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Anybody that tells you they know that the market (will bounce back / fall even more) is full of Bull s..... Nobody can predict what will happen next ,but IMOA , I think the only ones that will get hurt right now are the ones that caused most of this mess anyway so screwwwww them ... IE the speculators that drove the oil prices up to almost 150 a barrell because of what they thought was going to happen, It did not happen and look at the price now......
Most people that are in for the long term will be fine.
The market will be up and down for a few weeks and then IMOA i think it will get back on track.......Again this is just my feelings and in no way do i have a chrystal ball, mark this day down (dow at 10,685.38 )and come back to me in a month and tell me how i am doing
I just did that. Actually marked it on my calendar to check next month with this months figure recorded.

Thanks for being honest. I'd rather have an educated "who knows" than an undeducated doom and gloom or super prosperity answer.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:12 PM

5,653 posts, read 11,256,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Can't do it JM! would mess up my Jersey Hairdo!!!!
I have a shower cap for ya. Traffics bad at 5PM, so I'm on the way. Your call upper or lower deck?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:15 PM

7,577 posts, read 21,038,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I have a shower cap for ya. Traffics bad at 5PM, so I'm on the way. Your call upper or lower deck?
Hummm... I'll take upper - much better view

Old 09-18-2008, 03:28 PM

5,653 posts, read 11,256,533 times
Stocks biggest gains in 6 years. Oh I guess this doesn't matter. Only when it goes down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey