Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:59 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,366,553 times

Advertisements

I did a Search on Stamp tax since I never heard of it before, or was charged one.

Tax-stamps. A levy mandated by the government on the transfer of ownership of real estate

Stamp duty is a form of tax that is levied on documents. Historically, a physical stamp (a tax stamp) had to be attached to or impressed upon the document to denote that stamp duty had been paid before the document became legally effective. More modern versions of the tax no longer require a physical stamp.

Diane G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,466 times
Ok - just bought a property at the end of May. Here's what the Settlement charges were:

Line 1201: Deed fee - $80, Mortgage $70. Total $150. Paid from Borrower.
Line 1202: No charges
Line 1203: State Tax/Stamps - $935.00 NJCTYS $350K or less. Paid From Seller.
Line 1204: Blank/no charges.

For a property that cost $200K my total paid out at closing was $1802.00.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:14 AM

174 posts, read 622,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
We paid $2193 on $392k for title insurance. I don't know what all that included, but we did not need anything more than that with regard to title insurance or title search. The fee for this is supposed to be regulated and I called around and the amounts were about the same so I figured it was correct.

Recording fees in Bergen county about $300 if that helps. I have no clue what a tax stamp is!

tax applies to a seller if i'm not mistaken..
My mortgage broker said to expect about 2% of the purchase price to be paid as a closing cost, add annual tax.

You have to pay title search fees, insurance, recordings - check the link for the County Cler:
Mercer County, NJ | Land Records (http://www.nj.gov/counties/mercer/officials/clerk/services/land.html - broken link)

You are also responsible for your attorney as well as the bank attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey