Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:38 PM

71 posts, read 337,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
It is common that women get their money from their husbands bfs - stay at home wives, etc. I was just putting out my first impression. where did all those numbers in your username come from? I like nice sneakers to, i buy 1 or 2 each year but i throw out my old ones, women on the other hand need 60 ugly shoes, 3 that they actually wear, and 20 that don't fit or match anything
You need to wake up and look around you. I think a lot of these women proudly make and spend their own money, me included. I did not earn a college degree to sit on my ass and have a man make the money and tell me what to do with it. I work for MY money, as I'm sure most of these other women do.

I almost don't even want to continue to reply to you, as you have no facts. You are ignorant, rude, and very ill-informed. As for your arguments, you have none. And whenever you try to clear your name, you make no sense. What in the hell are you talking about with numbers in a username? What are you even getting at? I have a 1 in my username because I have ONE L in my name. As for other women, I'm sure they have their reasoning. I'm guessing with you 86 is your birth year, although from your postings I would've guessed about 10 years later.

And I think I speak for everyone when I say that we don't give a s*** how many shoes you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 01:50 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelef1l View Post
You need to wake up and look around you. I think a lot of these women proudly make and spend their own money, me included. I did not earn a college degree to sit on my ass and have a man make the money and tell me what to do with it. I work for MY money, as I'm sure most of these other women do.

I almost don't even want to continue to reply to you, as you have no facts. You are ignorant, rude, and very ill-informed. As for your arguments, you have none. And whenever you try to clear your name, you make no sense. What in the hell are you talking about with numbers in a username? What are you even getting at? I have a 1 in my username because I have ONE L in my name. As for other women, I'm sure they have their reasoning. I'm guessing with you 86 is your birth year, although from your postings I would've guessed about 10 years later.

And I think I speak for everyone when I say that we don't give a s*** how many shoes you have.
now i see just number 1 in your username, when quoting u the page had 5million something. I never told u how many shoes i have. You don't want to be a stay at home wife and have a nice meal for your hubby when he comes home to a nice clean house with the children finishing their homework? or sitting ready on the big couch with a bowl of soapy water oil and toe-nail clippers and a bowl of potato chips and the tv turned on larry king live?

Old 09-23-2008, 01:58 PM

Ok well I'm done. I now see this is a complete waste of my time. Such a shame because this posting was actually pretty fun in the beginning. It's sad that some people have to ruin it for everyone with ignorance and a poor attitude.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:02 PM

505 posts, read 1,762,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
now i see just number 1 in your username, when quoting u the page had 5million something. I never told u how many shoes i have. You don't want to be a stay at home wife and have a nice meal for your hubby when he comes home to a nice clean house with the children finishing their homework? or sitting ready on the big couch with a bowl of soapy water oil and toe-nail clippers and a bowl of potato chips and the tv turned on larry king live?
What the...

Old 09-23-2008, 02:41 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Quote:
Ok well I'm done. I now see this is a complete waste of my time. Such a shame because this posting was actually pretty fun in the beginning. It's sad that some people have to ruin it for everyone with ignorance and a poor attitude.
hey I'm sorry. I'm sure u have some pretty cool shoes. you shouldn't take things so seriously, especially if u think I'm an ass.

You know I recently read an article that during the Neolithic times, 70% calories from the caveman family's diet was from the women's planting/ gathering of seeds and food, only 30% from the caveman's hunting.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:12 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,458,307 times
I was hoping to expand on this silly post to see how many of you actually
know what you have in your home ,starting with shoes and then i was going to go on to cloths and furniture, I see now it was a bad idea

The reason for this was just in case any of you ever had a major disaster such as a fire
it will be up to you to recreate your whole house on paper for insurance purposes

I would suggest to each of you to take a few pictures in every room (with closets and drawers open)
and keep those pictures in a strongbox , hopefully you will never need them
but if you did they will help you remember every little thing you had.

Here is an easy one for you
write down a number of how many pairs of socks you have
Now check your sock drawer and i can bet at least 3/4 of you will have at least double what you thought.
Socks are one of the cheaper items but if you are that off on socks
how about the number of dress pants,sweaters,blouses,jeans etc etc

Again i am sorry this post caused a few problems but if one person learned anything
it was worth it

Old 09-23-2008, 04:30 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
My girlfriend who recenlty passed away from cancer had over 500 pairs of shoes and boots. Just talking flip flops, since I moved to Florida...I must have 50 pair of those. All kinds and colors! I have about 200 pairs of shoes and boots. Most were never worn. I have a pretty big collection of handbags too....same thing...new in boxes or dust bags since I bought them...will probably never use most of them. I think I have about 70 to 80. Women do not buy things because they need it, they just have to have it! Wierd! I use to spoil myself alot for working hard. Stopped that years ago to spoil my doggies.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:34 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,637,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Now heres a question for all you shoe owners. Did you just go into your closet to count them or do you keep a running tab. Is it me but I own somewheres between 5 to 15 pairs all together-sneeks,shoes,boots,flops. I don't know. With all due respect my wife doesn't know how many she owns. Don't take it the wrong way but for someone to know the exact count of their shoes when it's over 50 or 100 to me it seems a bit wierd.(ducking for cover as shoes are being thrown at me)
Oh no...it's true, I am weird!
The only reason why I know exactly how many pairs I have is because I have mild OCD (not kidding)
Shanny

Old 09-23-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I was hoping to expand on this silly post to see how many of you actually
know what you have in your home ,starting with shoes and then i was going to go on to cloths and furniture, I see now it was a bad idea

The reason for this was just in case any of you ever had a major disaster such as a fire
it will be up to you to recreate your whole house on paper for insurance purposes

I would suggest to each of you to take a few pictures in every room (with closets and drawers open)
and keep those pictures in a strongbox , hopefully you will never need them
but if you did they will help you remember every little thing you had.

Here is an easy one for you
write down a number of how many pairs of socks you have
Now check your sock drawer and i can bet at least 3/4 of you will have at least double what you thought.
Socks are one of the cheaper items but if you are that off on socks
how about the number of dress pants,sweaters,blouses,jeans etc etc

Again i am sorry this post caused a few problems but if one person learned anything
it was worth it
No need to apologize, thank you for the info. Actually I think that is really good advice and it probably is good to be aware of things we think are so unimportant. You taught me something!!

Old 09-23-2008, 05:43 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:

Self Employed female HVAC and Environmental Contractor here! I made my own way and I didn't need no stinkin' man to help me thru life! If anything, I carried a man for the past 11 yrs... my business partner! He would have never made it this far without me!!! He lives in a 1 bdrm. apt. - I own a 1/2 million dollar plus home! He spends his money on smart woman who know how to take advantage of guys, hence the reason I have and he does not! . Never, ever, under-estimate a woman! We rule this world..you just aren't smart enough to have figured it out yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey