U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:24 PM

1,169 posts, read 509,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle Auto Sales View Post
I have been a used car dealer for the past 36 years...The other day going from point a to b got pulled over and ticket for no inspection sticker...Car I was driving is owned by the dealership with my used car tags on it ,Told cop I was not required to have an inspection sticker still got ticket....Where can I find where it states used cars held for sale by a licened dealer in nj does not have to inspect the whole inventory
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
If you're not required, the judge will toss it. Cops probably write things to justify themselves.

Sometimes the cops doesn't even know, they're just trying to be "productive". I worked in a car dealership in the mid 80's. When we sold a new car and were transferring the old plates to the new car we would put the plates on the car and the temp sticker in the window. If the car was getting new plates, just the temp sticker went in the window. It just made it easier for a transfer, the customer could just pick up the registration and go.
Well I had a customer get stopped by a local cop and get "warned" about having the temp sticker in the window with plates. Back in those days there was an office in Trenton called the Public Advocate, you could call them about problems no one seemed to know the answer to. This was also in the pre-internet, pre-forum days. The person I spoke to informed me that the temp sticker in the window was the registration certificate for the plates on the car. Problem solved, fortunately customer wasn't ticketed, so the were relatively easy to appease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey