Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 02:56 PM

6 posts, read 3,902 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

I noticed a lot of new condo projects in the west of Hoboken (i.e. Jefferson, Madison, Monroe). Jersey digs once reported it https://jerseydigs.com/jefferson-str...jects-hoboken/. I know that area used to be think as a bit unsafe due to closer to 'the projects' but people seem to react well to it now.

My questions is.. how would I be able to find out if who are these builders? They hardly have any available information online and people do not discuss them too often. The brokers tend to say they are all good.. but i am very suspicious...

Anyone has insights into these Hoboken residential builders?

Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 06:39 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,743,118 times
Hoboken in its entirety used to be a ghetto. But it has been slowly reducing the size of the "projects" over the years. So yea noone is bothered by living over there anymore.

As for the builders, maybe check permits with the town?

Old 06-14-2017, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkydapimp View Post
Hoboken in its entirety used to be a ghetto. But it has been slowly reducing the size of the "projects" over the years. So yea noone is bothered by living over there anymore.

Thanks for the reply pinkydapimp! I have seen some zoning document from town but no other information could be found. Would u mind being more specific on permits - is that public info? I assume if the project is undergoing, the builder defineftely had a permit in hand already? I'm such a newbie to this.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:00 PM

88,271 posts, read 84,222,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkydapimp View Post

+1. Remember the first time back in the 80s when you heard someone say they bought a house in Hoboken? People snickered.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:21 AM

1,174 posts, read 1,743,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
+1. Remember the first time back in the 80s when you heard someone say they bought a house in Hoboken? People snickered.
i remember when i told my mom i was going to move to Hoboken and she was terrified! And this was in 2000! I had to bring her there to show her that its way different now!

Old 06-15-2017, 09:16 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,818,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Same with Queens and Brooklyn.

Now they cost more than living in Heaven.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:14 AM

lol thanks guys.. but any insights on builders?

Old 06-15-2017, 01:52 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,604,060 times
The question is confusing. Are you asking about builders who will design and contract out a new home, contractors who will build a structure, or development companies financing the construction of new rentals?

Old 06-15-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
The question is confusing. Are you asking about builders who will design and contract out a new home, contractors who will build a structure, or development companies financing the construction of new rentals?

I'm asking about those new condo projects for sale in general (88, 409, 411 Jefferson, 502 monron etc.). Usually the developer and builder are one company and I assume they will find individual contractors to do different part of jobs and it gets hard to answer. I was thinking some might be more reputable than the others and wants to see what you guys think about these projects...

Old 06-15-2017, 03:23 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,604,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessia2001 View Post
I'm asking about those new condo projects for sale in general (88, 409, 411 Jefferson, 502 monron etc.). Usually the developer and builder are one company and I assume they will find individual contractors to do different part of jobs and it gets hard to answer. I was thinking some might be more reputable than the others and wants to see what you guys think about these projects...
I assume most new construction projects are built to a price. Developers are concerned with ROI not building a new landmark to last 1,000 years.

Your best ally will be a local home inspector. If you are buying the lender should require an inspection and a local inspector will be able to point out flaws to negotiate over and give insight into the building.

As for the "ghetto" I've used the 9th Ave Congress station for years and never seen any police action aside from NJ Transit fare cops. The 2nd ave light rail station has more visible poverty getting on board but again I've never seen any crimes in progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: