Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:50 PM

3 posts, read 11,347 times

Advertisements

Advice needed! I am a native Texan relocating due to husband's job going to West Long Branch. What areas would you recommend that are in a 20-45 min drive time that have:

-Good Schools or good private schools
-Horse related activities/parks to ride in/equestrian centers
-Rural-Suburban Feel (but still have shopping close by)
-New or fairly new neighborhoods with 2-10 acres and lots of kids

Of course I am in sticker shock, but love the looks of all the beautiful parks and ability to horseback ride in them. Names of specific neighborhoods or even builders would be helpful!
Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 04:35 PM

11,292 posts, read 16,573,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Relocating View Post
Advice needed! I am a native Texan relocating due to husband's job going to West Long Branch. What areas would you recommend that are in a 20-45 min drive time that have:

-Good Schools or good private schools
-Horse related activities/parks to ride in/equestrian centers
-Rural-Suburban Feel (but still have shopping close by)
-New or fairly new neighborhoods with 2-10 acres and lots of kids

Of course I am in sticker shock, but love the looks of all the beautiful parks and ability to horseback ride in them. Names of specific neighborhoods or even builders would be helpful!
Thanks for your help!

Wait!!! I'm sorry, but you want a house on 2-10 acres in NJ???...LOL

You ain't seen nothing yet with sticker shock.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:36 PM

49 posts, read 306,250 times
Try Cream Ridge and parts of Freehold.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:59 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,895,621 times
Wink I have a friend

Hi there-

Cream Ridge. Upper Freehold School District is great. Excellent Schools. Plus around here, lots of horse farms. Large NJ Horse Farm/Hospital/breeder/trainer Center near us.

Many homes w/stable & acres for sale in my neighborhood.

Feel free to send me a PM if you need any information on the area or if you need a wonderful Realtor. From my personal experience, we have worked with one certain gentleman for THREE home sales & purchases. I am not a realtor & he is now a friend of the family (after three sales he should be !!lol)

Wishing you the best of luck.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:08 AM

15 posts, read 95,751 times
Lots of nice places to live near West Long Branch, I work there.

The towns right here are more geared toward the Ocean & shore life, most are nice. Some nicer than others. The small, nice towns adjacent to West Long Branch are Oakhurst, Ocean Township, Allenhurst, West Allenhurst, Deal, Loch Arbour. Nice, large houses, shore sized yards etc.

You start to get a rural type setting 20 minutes away, in Farmingdale, Howell & most everywhere between Farmingdale (Route 33 & Route 34) all the way to Freehold.

The two horse centers in the area are Marlboro & Colts Necks, but there are a lot of horse farms in the area. There is one on West Park Ave & Larkwood Ave in West Long Branch that dates back to 1750 or so.

I have a lot of local pictures (on a map) on my web site (see my profile for address), if you want a look around.

I live in the area & work in WLB, if you need information, just let me know.

Regards,

Last edited by F Rim; 02-11-2007 at 11:23 AM..

Old 02-11-2007, 08:23 PM

3 posts, read 11,347 times
Default Relocating to Monmouth County

Thanks so much for the scoop on the areas around West Long Branch. Those are some I had not looked at on the net...have been using Google Earth and Realtor.com. AM really looking forward to getting up there to check things out, but am trying to do lots of pre-research.

Appreciate your help!
Texan Relocating

Old 02-17-2007, 10:02 PM

12 posts, read 62,367 times
Texan,
As a UT Dallas alum, I say welcome. West Long Branch is pretty close to alot of things, the beach, shopping, NYC and some good horse farms. What is your budget? There are some existing farms around the area that are close to all of the things that your looking for.

Good luck and it will take some gettin used to... like it did me to y'all ... :-)

Last edited by BobKovacs; 02-18-2007 at 04:40 AM.. Reason: Removed realtor solicitation

Old 02-18-2007, 01:21 PM

244 posts, read 1,047,955 times
Hi! I live in Monmouth County, it's a fantastic area. We have beautiful equastrian areas, Colts Neck is the first thing that comes to mind. Marlboro has horse camps for children, too. As far as acreage, I'm not sure how large the land sizes will be, but the Marlboro/Colts Neck area has many new housing developments.

The school districts are great for both of these towns. They used to be more rural, but now they are suburban.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:31 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,021,702 times
Colts Neck also was the first town to come to my mind, for larger pieces of property + horses.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:53 AM

17 posts, read 73,315 times
I'm in Atlantic Highlands area close to Sandy Hook but what you want can be found in Farmingdale - farms galore and more affordable, you would love Colts Neck, Upper Freehold, Navesink, even Holmdel where alot of my friends live, also some sections of Middletown have horses as well. They do not advertise, so you will have to look for farms among the residential areas, there are plenty. Depends if you need to have stables or if you will board your horses. I've used a few centers for lessons, but we live walking distance to the beach now and they are too far, so we haven't kept up the lessons. You may re-prioritize after you are here awhile... GOOD LUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey