Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:14 AM

505 posts, read 1,762,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelbasura View Post
Thanks Sergio M for your suggestion,but i have seen in the NJ transit that it takes 45 mins to reach NewYork penn station from Rahway,how long does it exactly take?And what about linden?

Thanks,
Basura
With your budget and your requirements I would not recommend Linden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 07:27 AM

138 posts, read 610,339 times
To correct RobRiguez, the NE Corridor NJ Transit trains do not run 24 hours. They stop around 1:30 AM until about 5:30 AM. So to the OP, if you are looking for transportation options until about 1 AM, you will have it, but the trains will not be running too frequently (once every 45 minutes or hour, I would estimate). I second the suggestion of downtown Jersey City (Harsimus Cove, Newport, Hamilton Park, Exchange Place, Grove St) as it will be very easy to commute both to Newark & the city. The Path from these locations does run 24 hours.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:30 AM

27 posts, read 100,411 times
Thanks Tallguylehigh for your suggestion,but there is no such apartment(s) in jersey city/hoboken within our price range with a clean safe neighborhood.Rahway/linden (suggested by other members) does have apartments in our price range,bt only problem is that it almost takes an hour to commute (door to door).How long does it exactly take from montclair to both newark and NY penn station?If you have an idea please share with us,it will help us a lot.

Thanking,
Basura

Old 10-08-2008, 08:35 AM

Thanks majesty318 for your idea,but how can we get apartment(s) in jersey city in that price range?They all are very expensive (like one bedroom starts with 2200/mo) though it is very convenient for commutation from there.

Basura

Old 10-08-2008, 10:03 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,458,307 times
Quote:
Thanks Sergio M for your suggestion,but i have seen in the NJ transit that it takes 45 mins to reach NewYork penn station from Rahway,how long does it exactly take?And what about linden?

Thanks,
Basura
It takes between 40 to 45 minutes to ny penn station
and a few minutes less from linden (next town from Rahway)

Old 10-08-2008, 11:01 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,383 times
Quote:
Thanks Tallguylehigh for your suggestion,but there is no such apartment(s) in jersey city/hoboken within our price range with a clean safe neighborhood.Rahway/linden (suggested by other members) does have apartments in our price range,bt only problem is that it almost takes an hour to commute (door to door).How long does it exactly take from montclair to both newark and NY penn station?If you have an idea please share with us,it will help us a lot.

Thanking,
Basura
Well, since it's the easiest way to do this, I looked on CraigsList. I'd recommend hooking up with some realtors, too, though. But, anyway, here are some in Jersey City and Hoboken in your price range that are in areas where you'll have no problem in terms of safety:

Large, Great Location, No Fee (http://newjersey.craigslist.org/apa/871272450.html - broken link)
JUST MINTUES TO PATH!! (http://newjersey.craigslist.org/apa/871254457.html - broken link)
Large 2BR/1BTH Avail NOW! (http://newjersey.craigslist.org/apa/871254328.html - broken link)
PERFECT MIDTOWN LOCATION!!! (http://newjersey.craigslist.org/apa/871244080.html - broken link)

. . . that was just on the first page of listings. If you can do a large one bedroom at least temporarily, there are far more of those available.

The PATH trains are an easy, quick trip to both Manhattan (and just 10 north-south blocks from Times Square--maybe a 10 minute walk at the most) and Newark.

You should also be able to find comparable apartments in Queens and Brooklyn, and it wouldn't really be more difficult for you to live there, as you simply take the NYC subway to the World Trade Center or 33rd Street and transfer to the PATH to Newark.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:17 AM

Thanks Tungsten for your time and suggestion,but if we choose Queens and Brooklyn we need to pay the city tax,right?If we want to avoid that we can go for jersey city/hoboken

Thanking again,
Basura

Old 10-09-2008, 06:51 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,383 times
Quote:
Thanks Tungsten for your time and suggestion,but if we choose Queens and Brooklyn we need to pay the city tax,right?If we want to avoid that we can go for jersey city/hoboken

Thanking again,
Basura
City tax for income? I'm not sure what the difference would end up being (you'd have to work it out), but someone living in New Jersey and working in New York has to pay New York taxes while you're working, then sort it out come tax time . . . we just have an accountant do ours. If you're renting, you're obviously not paying property taxes, you're paying your rent and whatever utilities you may be required to pay only.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,047 times
Jersey City would definetly be your best bet. Grove St PATH has trains that go to newark and to 33rd St in New York. A friend of mine just signed a lease for the new Liberty Harbor building that just opened, The Zenith. She said it was really nice and its only about a 5 or 6 minute walk to Grove St Path. She said it was the best priced building downtown.

I'm really happy because I live have been living in the area for about 4 years.

the website is www.libertyharbor.com. the building is the zenith

Good Luck!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:21 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,685,650 times
O yes Hoboken is great for you, nice places for entertainment and resturants.. also Jersey City is a go, depending on the area.

You can propably get a better bang for your buck in Bayonne. if your sayin 2bd for 1900/mo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey