Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:16 PM

7 posts, read 22,458 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to New Jersey this summer, and will be obtaining an apartment in the Woodbridge Area. My roommate plans to eventually commute to NYC for work (he's an actor...yay).

The community we have chosen has a free shuttle from the apartment building to Rahway Station. I was wondering if anyone is familiar enough with the area to tell me if there is a bus or something that runs from the station back to Woodbridge?

Thanks a lot,
-Sleeze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 04:54 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
I'm curious as to why you'd go to the Rahway train station when there are three stations right within the confines of Woodbridge Township (all of which travel the same route to NYC). I live in Woodbridge, so it you could give me an idea of where the apartment complex is located, I could tell you if there's a better way to get to and from a train station.

Bob

Old 02-14-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I'm curious as to why you'd go to the Rahway train station when there are three stations right within the confines of Woodbridge Township (all of which travel the same route to NYC). I live in Woodbridge, so it you could give me an idea of where the apartment complex is located, I could tell you if there's a better way to get to and from a train station.

Bob
I only picked Rahway because one of the apartment buildings offers a free shuttle to the station.

Here's the address for one of the complexes we're considering:
County: Middlesex
Town: Woodbridge
Property Address: 305 Village Drive
Avenel, NJ 07001

And the other:

Property Address: Leesville Avenue
Avenel, NJ 07001

So I guess they're not directly in Woodbridge, but less than 2 miles away.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer!

Old 02-14-2007, 10:56 AM

Both of those are in semi-crappy areas of town- Avenel is one of the crummiest sections of Woodbridge Township. Leesville Ave is also lined with junkyards, so that's what you'll have as neighbors.

There's no bus that I'm aware of that runs near either of those complexes (even close) from the train stations. You may be better off looking at something in Iselin within walking distance of the Metropark train station. There are several apartment complexes along Gill Lane that are probably around the same price, in a better area, and closer to the train, shopping, etc.

Bob

Old 02-14-2007, 01:06 PM

9 posts, read 32,964 times
There is a Denny's on St. George's Ave in Avenel. Also down Chain O Hills road there is a large Indian community. Avenel is a nice community.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:14 PM

I grew up in Avenel in the 70's and 80's (near Avenel St and Rahway Ave), and at the time it was a "nice community". Now, it's a different story. It's not the South Bronx or anything, but it's definitely gone downhill. My mother finally sold the house we grew up in after almost 40 years (thank god she got out just before the prices started dropping and sales slowed). The area has picked up some Section 8 housing as of late, and there's started to be an abundance of homes with cars parked on lawns, junk cars in driveways/streets, and people hanging out in the street until all hours of the night. The area the OP is talking about is even worse.

Bob

Old 02-15-2007, 08:54 AM

Thanks for the input. I'm probably not going to get a chance to visit before we move, so the info is invaluable.

I have found a couple of places in Iselin as you recommended. One was even on Gill Lane.

Thanks again for your help!!

Old 11-05-2007, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,123 times
Default Which area is better to commute to NY, Carteret or Iselin

We are also facing the same issue as I need to work in NYC and looking out for places close to the train station. Some have advised me Iselin but some have told me that Carteret is also nice since it is a nice community and you will get brand new apartments in Meridian Terrace. Please advise.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:57 PM

687 posts, read 3,250,762 times
Quote:
Some have advised me Iselin but some have told me that Carteret is also nice since it is a nice community and you will get brand new apartments in Meridian Terrace. Please advise.
Iselin, Iselin, Iselin.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:01 AM

3 posts, read 17,648 times
Hi Bob,
We have already signed a lease at this place ;
Property Address: 305 Village Drive
Avenel, NJ 07001

We were also wondering if you could suggesste a better and faster commute instead of the Rahway station which takes ages to reach middletown.
I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey