Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:43 PM

474 posts, read 1,260,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrisina26 View Post
I am looking to move to Cherry Hill NJ but currently work in Manhattan. I was wondering if anyone does this type of commute, that is cherry hill to NYC and back. IF so, how is this drive each day from both directions, particularly during the rush hour on NJ-Turnpike?

Additonally, are there alternative means of transportation between these two points such as NJ-Transit?

Thank you,
C.F--Brooklyn
Do you really want to do this? Besides the distance, the traffic is horrendous at any time of day.

If I were you I would look into taking the train. I am only familiar with Amtrak between Trenton and NYC, so can't help you much there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 3,845 times
Default Stay in NY

Quote:
I am looking to move to Cherry Hill NJ but currently work in Manhattan. I was wondering if anyone does this type of commute, that is cherry hill to NYC and back. IF so, how is this drive each day from both directions, particularly during the rush hour on NJ-Turnpike?

Additonally, are there alternative means of transportation between these two points such as NJ-Transit?

Thank you,
C.F--Brooklyn
Stay where you are, the commute in hours will be a killer, not to mention the cost of the commute. You'd probably be better off in Connecticut.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,180 times
Wink house for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by reas View Post
hello everyone,
we are looking to relocate to south jersey.my husband's job is in northfiled.i've been reading all the forums and it seems that linwood seems to be a good place to live.how is the school system in and around linwood? we have school age children, so education is very important. how are the housing prices ,is it very expensive? how much would a 3000sqft 4br/2ba house cost? is the population diverse?is it rural or suburban? we are not looking to commute more than 30 minutes ,so what are other areas would you'll suggest ? besides the beaches , what other recreation is available?
any advice would be great.
Well i am not sure if this will suite your need but I am selling my home which is 5 br 31/2 bth finished basement, fenced in backyard selling under market value of 239,000 in sicklerville area. get back to me if you are interested. thanks and good luck

Old 07-01-2009, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,180 times
Wink home for sale!

I am not sure if you still looking to relocate but I am selling my home in Sicklerville, NJ which is not far from Linwold which is also a great very quiet neighbor the house 5br 31/2 bth with fenced in backyard and completed basement it is selling for $239,000 under its value. thanks good luck !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
Did you stay put, or move elsewhere? I guess it's not too difficult to see where I ended up!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:43 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,203 times
Quote:

Thank you,
C.F--Brooklyn
People do this around Moorestown, Mount Laurel, but Cherry Hill is a bit farther, it really depends on your motivation and the hours you work. It is doable but not easy. The easiest thing to do it drive about 30 minutes up 295 to Hamilton Train Station, easy parking plus it has an express train. My guess is probably an hour and 45 minutes to Penn Station from Cherry Hill, about an hour and a half from Moorestown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey