Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:23 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,978,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
You want to hear something even funnier, I actually have left really specific tips to get real bad guy and you what, when I call to tell them the exact time a deal is going down just be there at the location, they tell me stop calling unless you do the deal!!! Pathetic. I am telling you things were different years ago, I actually had police drive me home when I was plastered driving and NOT give me dwi. Party at people home, cops would stand outside the door and not bust anyone, they would just be there in case something went wrong. They would let you go!! They were cool at one time.
Guess what? If you drive drunk, YOU ARE A BAD GUY!!! Waaaaaaaaah!!! I broke the law and and got caught
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 09:23 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
>To protect and serve".... Yeah right <

To write tickets and take your money

Fixed

Old 10-16-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>To protect and serve".... Yeah right <

To write tickets and take your money

Fixed
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/Badfish740/Wah.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,358 times
I truely dont understand why people complain about getting tickets if they are truely at fault. We pay the police to enforce the laws. They shouldnt be picking and choosing which laws to enforce when. If you are speeding and get caught, pay the fines and fees and move on. Otherwise, dont speed.

I gave out this info because its something that Ive noticed more and more. I speed all the time so dont think im trying any 'holier than thou' type crap. I have been ticketed, fined, lic suspended, prolly more than any of the regulars on this forum and Im not bitching about it. I know what I did and why I did it. I knew I was breaking the law everytime I got pulled over or locked up. It didnt stop me because, well, I have issues. BUT I accept the fact that if I am going to be the way I am there will be repercussions / penalties. I hate to be cliche' but if you cant do the time, done do the crime. Take some responsibility for your actions.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:50 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
U guys believe in any laws? Just wondering.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:57 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Guess what? If you drive drunk, YOU ARE A BAD GUY!!! Waaaaaaaaah!!! I broke the law and and got caught
sure I know that is just cops were cooler than. I mean it was different we actually had a smoking area in High School!!!! Its all changed. At 14 we were smoking pot in the woods and listen to ozzy!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:06 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
That ain't totally the point. The real problem is that this society has become a police/military society. Laws laws laws laws laws and more laws. There are laws to protect other laws and laws demanding you obey other laws. Even laws dictating that you can not question the law. A law not written or approved by we the peons....oops I mean we the people. Some govt clown made laws to line the pockets of themselves with extorted money from us hard working Americans.

Does anyone here really believe the speed limits are set to protect the public? Of course not. Speed limits are set after traffic studies show an average speed then the actual speed limit is set 10% below that average just so the law can catch us peons and extort more money from us.

And they want respect? Why should we respect cops when they break every law in the books day after day right in front of us and our kids. Like some one said earlier, we do 75 and they pass us by like we are creeping. Is racing part of their job description? They dont speed, they race at rocket speed. Hey its fun to go fast, especially on tax payers gas money. What do you tell your kid when he asks why that cop was doing 100 MPH with no emergency lights seemingly with no destination in mind and is breaking the law? I just tell them they are late for lunch.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,058,986 times
I agree that if you break the law, you should definitely be held responsible for the consequences, but here's is a situation that was quite rediculous. I was in a line of cars on the NJ Turnpike in the left lane. We were all speeding by about 10mph. The car behind me was tailgating very close and I had an 18-wheeler to my right. I was 19 at the time and got very nervous. I sped up to get in front of the truck because there was a trail of cars behind him. Well, I got pulled over for that 30 seconds that I was driving 13mph over the limit. I tried to explain to the cop what happened, but he refused to hear a word. I didn't have any points on my license and he was extremely nasty to me the entire time.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
That ain't totally the point. The real problem is that this society has become a police/military society. Laws laws laws laws laws and more laws. There are laws to protect other laws and laws demanding you obey other laws. Even laws dictating that you can not question the law. A law not written or approved by we the peons....oops I mean we the people. Some govt clown made laws to line the pockets of themselves with extorted money from us hard working Americans.

Does anyone here really believe the speed limits are set to protect the public? Of course not. Speed limits are set after traffic studies show an average speed then the actual speed limit is set 10% below that average just so the law can catch us peons and extort more money from us.

And they want respect? Why should we respect cops when they break every law in the books day after day right in front of us and our kids. Like some one said earlier, we do 75 and they pass us by like we are creeping. Is racing part of their job description? They dont speed, they race at rocket speed. Hey its fun to go fast, especially on tax payers gas money. What do you tell your kid when he asks why that cop was doing 100 MPH with no emergency lights seemingly with no destination in mind and is breaking the law? I just tell them they are late for lunch.
How about "Thou shalt not kill?" I think that's a good one. Seriously, enough whining about laws. You don't even live in New Jersey for God's sake! Isn't Texas supposed to be some governmentless paradise anyway?

Old 10-16-2008, 10:29 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
I agree that if you break the law, you should definitely be held responsible for the consequences, but here's is a situation that was quite rediculous. I was in a line of cars on the NJ Turnpike in the left lane. We were all speeding by about 10mph. The car behind me was tailgating very close and I had an 18-wheeler to my right. I was 19 at the time and got very nervous. I sped up to get in front of the truck because there was a trail of cars behind him. Well, I got pulled over for that 30 seconds that I was driving 13mph over the limit. I tried to explain to the cop what happened, but he refused to hear a word. I didn't have any points on my license and he was extremely nasty to me the entire time.
So because you think you have a good reason you should be let go?
So, by your logic, should someone stealing a tip left for a waiter because they need cab fair home be let go? They were just trying to get home. They lost their wallet and didnt have cash on them. Is that ok then?

Desertsun, I agree with your police state comments but that doesnt change the law. If the laws are so horrible, people should be fighting to either change the law or get out NJ. Otherwise they should suck it up and stop whining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey