U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2008, 10:02 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,840,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
SO white people are angry because this is unfair treatment and they are tired of it. AGREED.

Now, how do you think OTHER groups feel after YEARS of being mistreated because of their race, HAPPY? So maybe using that example you can understand why THEY are angry TOO.
Well actually I think all racism is bad and one type is not worse than the other. I get angry when one type is allowed, justified, whatever. I also do not think the past justifies racism in 2008.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:02 AM

10,823 posts, read 15,145,823 times
Quote:
SO white people are angry because this is unfair treatment and they are tired of it. AGREED.

Now, how do you think OTHER groups feel after YEARS of being mistreated because of their race, HAPPY? So maybe using that example you can understand why THEY are angry TOO.

gee I'm ok..even though my great grand father when looking for a job in NYC saw all those NINA, No Irish Need Apply, signs
But thanks for asking

Old 10-17-2008, 10:05 AM

2,707 posts, read 4,861,869 times
Quote:
AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!!
EEEPNJ, and you live where, suburban Bergen County? I invite you and Tahiti to come to my neighborhood in Downtown Jersey City. Lunch on me!

My neighborhood is about 80% white, but we'll take a stroll about 1/2 mile west, into a neighborhood that's 97% Black (3% Hispanic). Then let's see how many examples of overt racism we see (some of which will be directed at us).

Just because you don't see it in Suburbia doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Do you think I am fibbing about my experiences?

EEEPNJ, earlier in this thread you challenged me to look at the world through other people's eyes. I'm inviting you to take your own advice...in my neck of the woods.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:07 AM

10,823 posts, read 15,145,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
EEEPNJ, and you live where, suburban Bergen County? I invite you and Tahiti to come to my neighborhood in Downtown Jersey City. Lunch on me!

My neighborhood is about 80% white, but we'll take a stroll about 1/2 mile west, into a neighborhood that's 97% Black (3% Hispanic). Then let's see how many examples of overt racism we see (some of which will be directed at us).

Just because you don't see it in Suburbia doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Do you think I am fibbing about my experiences?

EEEPNJ, earlier in this thread you challenged me to look at the world through other people's eyes. I'm inviting you to take your own advice...in my neck of the woods.

Oh Tommy are we talking Lafayette section..bad boy

Old 10-17-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Oh Tommy are we talking Lafayette section..bad boy
I was actually thinking McGinley Square near Montgomery gardens housing complex, but Lafayette would do the trick too. If EEEPNJ gets a little startled by the DIVERSITY , we'll have JERSEY MAN nearby on patrol

Old 10-17-2008, 10:18 AM

5,343 posts, read 9,012,430 times
Quote:

Oh Tommy, next time you are strolling through the streets of JC I suggest you look at that BIG OL HS up on the hill... Dickinson... yep, graduated from there in 1987. Don't know what the stats were. But you know what, there was not an overabundance of "white people" there at the time.

If you get to go to the Greenville Section... pass by Snyder HS. I was walking in front of there in 2nd grade when I was mugged by two students who were not white and they had some pretty unkind things to say about the color of my skin.

Continue on to PS 38 on Stegman and if you go along the side of the school you can see the site where in 1st grade 2 girls pushed me to the ground and kicked me and called me a "white b*tch."

That was my growing up years.

I live in BC, but it's not exactly the most lily white town in America. I don't say which one it is, but it is fairy diverse (I honnestly wish it was more so.)

I volunteer with abused women and children and they tend to come from various backgrounds.

I take my kids to soup kitchens in Hackensack to help feed the homeless. Not all "white folk" there either.

Speaking of my kids, they are actually in a private school that has far more diversity than the public one in my town does - and that was one of the things I LIKED about it.

So I don't live in a little ivory tower, nor would I want to.

And I've heard racist remarks out of the mouths of every race toward every other and at times out of their own.

But based on my experience, I guess I should be going around hating everyone because people have hated ME based on MY skin color alone. But I don't. And I won't. Case closed.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:20 AM

5,343 posts, read 9,012,430 times
Quote:
I was actually thinking McGinley Square near Montgomery gardens housing complex, but Lafayette would do the trick too. If EEEPNJ gets a little startled by the DIVERSITY , we'll have JERSEY MAN nearby on patrol
Keep reading to see how startled I'd be Tommy....

Old 10-17-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Oh Tommy, next time you are strolling through the streets of JC I suggest you look at that BIG OL HS up on the hill... Dickinson... yep, graduated from there in 1987. Don't know what the stats were. But you know what, there was not an overabundance of "white people" there at the time.

If you get to go to the Greenville Section... pass by Snyder HS. I was walking in front of there in 2nd grade when I was mugged by two students who were not white and they had some pretty unkind things to say about the color of my skin.

Continue on to PS 38 on Stegman and if you go along the side of the school you can see the site where in 1st grade 2 girls pushed me to the ground and kicked me and called me a "white b*tch."

That was my growing up years.

I live in BC, but it's not exactly the most lily white town in America. I don't say which one it is, but it is fairy diverse (I honnestly wish it was more so.)

I volunteer with abused women and children and they tend to come from various backgrounds.

I take my kids to soup kitchens in Hackensack to help feed the homeless. Not all "white folk" there either.

So I don't live in a little ivory tower, nor would I want to.

And I've heard racist remarks out of the mouths of every race toward every other and at times out of their own.

But based on my experience, I guess I should be going around hating everyone because people have hated ME based on MY skin color alone. But I don't. And I won't. Case closed.
Gotcha. But you actually proved my point, about how people of color are overt in their racism while whites are not. You gave many examples of people of color acting out on their racist views toward you. Where are the examples of white people calling each other Crackers and calling black people the "N" word in public?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:24 AM

1,973 posts, read 3,539,001 times
Quote:
Keep reading to see how startled I'd be Tommy....

I don't care if you'r racist, I still want to elope! LOL (trying to lighten up the mood in here, tommy, grab some kettle one)

Old 10-17-2008, 10:24 AM

11,643 posts, read 20,850,009 times
Quote:
Because you're not surrounded by many people of color in Long Valley, NJ !
true, but LV is not my sole universe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey