U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2008, 10:38 AM

5,343 posts, read 8,742,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Hehe I am not at all suprised you are a fan of Bono
U2..I love the music
Bono..he needs to shut up already
He's been the love of my life since 1984 and my husband knows I would leave him in a NANOSECOND if ever given the opportunity!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Good, we'll have a "diversity date"

I can believe that you saw white people displaying overt racism years ago, but do you see it now? I don't.
I just asked my co-worker, who is black. She said "Is he buggin'?" LOL - a quote. She said her son (4) was told that he can't play with a girl at school because he's black, by her mother just 2 weeks ago. So it is still happening.... (oh, no joke, she is a Rutgers College grad too! LOL! SHU MBA though...)

Old 10-17-2008, 10:42 AM

11,510 posts, read 19,977,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
I just asked my co-worker, who is black. She said "Is he buggin'?" LOL - a quote. She said her son (4) was told that he can't play with a girl at school because he's black, by her mother just 2 weeks ago. So it is still happening.... (oh, no joke, she is a Rutgers College grad too! LOL! SHU MBA though...)
i've seen it too.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i've seen it too.
You know, my kids have come home and said things like "Mr. so and so told me you should not have an Obama sign on the lawn (come on guys, you are not surprised by that...) because we don't need a black president."

I have given Mr. So and So a piece of my mind .... btw.

AND I expect my house to get hit on mischief night.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:51 AM

3,855 posts, read 6,658,964 times
Quote:
You know, my kids have come home and said things like "Mr. so and so told me you should not have an Obama sign on the lawn (come on guys, you are not surprised by that...) because we don't need a black president."

I have given Mr. So and So a piece of my mind .... btw.

AND I expect my house to get hit on mischief night.
Just because someone does something to your Obama sign, does not make it a racial incident. Everyday in my paper up here I read about McCain signs stolen all the time. It happens on both sides-to Obama and McCain. Just because someone does not like Obama, that does not make them a racist. That argument is really getting pretty tiring.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Just because someone does something to your Obama sign, does not make it a racial incident. Everyday in my paper up here I read about McCain signs stolen all the time. It happens on both sides-to Obama and McCain. Just because someone does not like Obama, that does not make them a racist. That argument is really getting pretty tiring.
Oh, I don't think it's racial... I just know I have neighbors DYING to egg my house because I'm an Obama supporter.

Here's my take on the sign issue... ANYONE who messes with ANYONES sign is an a-hole. It's America, we all have the right to support whoever we want to support. Case closed.

My one kid joked about taking down a McCain sign nearby, I said if they EVER do such a thing they will be seriously sorry.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:59 AM

3,855 posts, read 6,658,964 times
Quote:
Oh, I don't think it's racial... I just know I have neighbors DYING to egg my house because I'm an Obama supporter.

Here's my take on the sign issue... ANYONE who messes with ANYONES sign is an a-hole. It's America, we all have the right to support whoever we want to support. Case closed.

My one kid joked about taking down a McCain sign nearby, I said if they EVER do such a thing they will be seriously sorry.
I agree with you-dispicable to take down others signs. Do they really think that is going to cause their candidate to become elected? There are really some unstable people on both sides of the aisle out there who need serious help.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
i agree with you-dispicable to take down others signs. Do they really think that is going to cause their candidate to become elected? There are really some unstable people on both sides of the aisle out there who need serious help.
agreed!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:03 AM

10,535 posts, read 14,437,803 times
Quote:
Oh, I don't think it's racial... I just know I have neighbors DYING to egg my house because I'm an Obama supporter.Here's my take on the sign issue... ANYONE who messes with ANYONES sign is an a-hole. It's America, we all have the right to support whoever we want to support. Case closed.

Adult neighbors???? They need some serious help

Old 10-17-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Adult neighbors???? They need some serious help
Yeah... the same one who told my kid we don't need a black president. He's a nut. His wife is a little scared of him. His kids are amazing little ones! I drive them home from soccer and such all the time. He's just off his rocker.

I plan on leaving ALL the lights on and calling my police buddies from town over for beer... see if that helps me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey