Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 09:50 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,950,197 times

Advertisements

OK - so we agree NO ONE should be subjected to hateful speech.

Tahiti - can we close the thread.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:52 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Then we are in agreement. You are right, there may be a racist white person for every racist black person. But my post suggested that I hear people of color vocalizing this more than white people. That's my point ... you are reading into it more than is needed.

If white people are racist, at least they do a damn good job of keeping it to themselves (in recent times at least!)
But your posts have a tone of "WHHYYY can THEY do it and WEEEEE CANNN'T?", when the comment should be "I see black people vocalizing racist talk more than whites, it shouldn't be tolerated and it's WRONG". Big difference!

Maybe it's the peeps I hang with, but I don't hear much racist talk at all.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:52 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Very true..but....the point is black racists seem to be able to vocalize their hate without reprimand. Not saying there are more black racists then white racists...just they are more vocal and everyone turns a deaf ear & blind eye to them

Hmmm outrage over David Duke ( whatever happened to him anyway)
Rev Wright..mere whimper

Could go on & on but it's pointless
Exactly Kate. There are two sets of rules in many cases. That is what many people are angry about. Political correctness has allowed two sets of rules and that is just plain wrong.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:53 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
And that would be Tahiti.
No that would be the people who can read and comprehand what they are reading ( no offense Tahiti)
The point is: There are many white racists just as there are many black racists...now here's the point....we are in agreement many whites are racist...
Blacks TODAY vocalize it much more...if whites said some of the things I've heard by blacks they would be taken to task for it

Are you getting it yet????

Old 10-17-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
OK - so we agree NO ONE should be subjected to hateful speech.

Tahiti - can we close the thread.
And who or what gives you the right to have the thread closed...you don't have to read or post in it

Ok I'm not winning so pick up my game ball and go home????
EEE c'mon it's a heated subject with different views

Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
But your posts have a tone of "WHHYYY can THEY do it and WEEEEE CANNN'T?", when the comment should be "I see black people vocalizing racist talk more than whites, it shouldn't be tolerated and it's WRONG". Big difference!

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
But your posts have a tone of "WHHYYY can THEY do it and WEEEEE CANNN'T?", when the comment should be "I see black people vocalizing racist talk more than whites, it shouldn't be tolerated and it's WRONG". Big difference!Maybe it's the peeps I hang with, but I don't hear much racist talk at all.
yes that's it that's it

thanks

Old 10-17-2008, 09:57 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,762 times
Quote:

Because you're not surrounded by many people of color in Long Valley, NJ !

Old 10-17-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Exactly Kate. There are two sets of rules in many cases. That is what many people are angry about. Political correctness has allowed two sets of rules and that is just plain wrong.

SO white people are angry because this is unfair treatment and they are tired of it. AGREED.

Now, how do you think OTHER groups feel after YEARS of being mistreated because of their race, HAPPY? So maybe using that example you can understand why THEY are angry TOO.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
And who or what gives you the right to have the thread closed...you don't have to read or post in it

Ok I'm not winning so pick up my game ball and go home????
EEE c'mon it's a heated subject with different views
That is not what I meant... what I meant is at least those posting seem to agree that ALL racist speech is wrong.

Do you really think you are going to change my mind on other issues, you are not. Nor am I going to change yours. And Tommy is still mad that I don't think RU NB should be up there with Princeton... so at this point... the thread begins to loose it's point....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey