Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:39 AM

77 posts, read 318,474 times

Advertisements

I dont know who your talking too... but Keansburg is going through a big transformation from what I hear. Its becoming a better town from what I hear. I moved here a year and half ago. The owner of the amusement park, has invested a few hundred grand to get the rollercoaster back online. I hear the owner has invested 400 grand for a new adult ride on the oppostie end of the boardwalk. I heard the boardwalk is much better now then it was years ago. Again if you dont like kids then I wouldnt move to Keasnburg. I also enjoy seaside and wildwood.... they have kids, and with kids you get noise... thats common! but if you dont like kids, then dont move to a town that has a lot of young families. I think Keansburg is great for a young family, wow so much to have and do for kids growing up and imagine this... its only about a square mile... unbelievable! I think its the parents that push a child to be successful not the town you live in. There is drugs in the rich town of Monroe that I grew up in... if you want to find trouble then you will. I'm in my 30's, a professional chemist, and I brag about this town... there is so much to offer. Of course I can find better towns, I would love to live closer to the ocean but it would be too far from my job. Keansburg is in an ideal location. I love it ... I can jump on the Belford ferry. Every town has there good and bad. But if your a young family I would recommend Keansburg. I wouldn't retire in Keansburg! ... but I think its great for young families... without a doubt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Keansburg is on the upside

Also there are many luxury housing developments coming into Keansburg... its so ideal for professionals who work in New York City too. Soon you'll have to have money to live in Keansburg. New retail shopping and fine dining are coming in too. Luxury waterfront condo's are being built. The towns crime is down, its definitely becoming nicer... and the beach and boardwalk and closeness to the city...gives it so much bragging rights! There are bad points of the town too of course... but every town has there bad too... but shuffle everything together its a good place to raise a family!

Old 07-01-2007, 10:01 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,202,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion1usa View Post
Also there are many luxury housing developments coming into Keansburg... its so ideal for professionals who work in New York City too. Soon you'll have to have money to live in Keansburg. New retail shopping and fine dining are coming in too. Luxury waterfront condo's are being built. The towns crime is down, its definitely becoming nicer... and the beach and boardwalk and closeness to the city...gives it so much bragging rights! There are bad points of the town too of course... but every town has there bad too... but shuffle everything together its a good place to raise a family!
I don't know what it is that you're smoking but it must be some good sh*t!

may all your dreams come true, good luck living in the 'burg!

Old 07-01-2007, 10:16 AM

Summer,

I can go to most beach towns... Seaside, Belmar, Wildwood, Point Pleasant... etc... and there are kids acting silly and being kids, drunk and so... if you dont like kids being kids... then I definitely wouldnt suggest Keansburg either. I dont mind kids being kids, maybe later in life I wont like it-lol. I like Keansburg... it has its flaws of course... but I definitely think its better than the other bayshore towns. I love it for its close proximity to New York City, but still being far away from NYC-lol. I like it cause there is a beach and an amusement park...bragging rights! Yes its uncomparable to Seaside and Point Pleasant of course... but give credit where some is due... its the bayshore... and not too bad for a town one square mile and holding its own... Keansburg is close to ocean beaches... i just love the location. Bars, crime, and bungalows... can be found in any bayshore town... if your gonna deny that... your just being ignorant. Of course I would rather be in another town than Keansburg ...along the ocean somewhere... but again I think its a lot better than the other bayshore towns with more postives to offer. I would love to live near Point Pleasant or another seaside resort but at this point in my life it would be too far from my job! I looked at Toms River and Brick, just too far, and cancer alley as well bothered me. As far as the town's quality itself... compared with other jersey towns... I would put Keansburg somewhere in the middle. All the local people I know in Keansburg say this town is moving up! It seems the rest of the bayshore is declining

Old 07-01-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Summer,

I can go to most beach towns... Seaside, Belmar, Wildwood, Point Pleasant... etc... and there are kids acting silly and being kids, drunk and so... if you dont like kids being kids... then I definitely wouldnt suggest Keansburg either. I dont mind kids being kids, maybe later in life I wont like it-lol. I like Keansburg... it has its flaws of course... but I definitely think its better than the other bayshore towns. I love it for its close proximity to New York City, but still being far away from NYC-lol. I like it cause there is a beach and an amusement park...bragging rights! Yes its uncomparable to Seaside and Point Pleasant of course... but give credit where some is due... its the bayshore... and not too bad for a town one square mile and holding its own... Keansburg is close to ocean beaches... i just love the location. Bars, crime, and bungalows... can be found in any bayshore town... if your gonna deny that... your just being ignorant. Of course I would rather be in another town than Keansburg ...along the ocean somewhere... but again I think its a lot better than the other bayshore towns with more postives to offer. I would love to live near Point Pleasant or another seaside resort but at this point in my life it would be too far from my job! I looked at Toms River and Brick, just too far, and cancer alley as well bothered me. As far as the town's quality itself... compared with other jersey towns... I would put Keansburg somewhere in the middle. All the local people I know in Keansburg say this town is moving up! It seems the rest of the bayshore is declining
I'd love to hear you tell the people in Atlantic Highlands that keansburg is up and and coming and climbing in stature while AH is declining.
Please make sure the first aid squad is on hand, some of the older people might have trouble breathing or could die from laughing so hard (maybe the guy who owns the amusement and water parks won't, he lives in AH)

Old 07-01-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Keansburg the crown of the bayshore

Im smoking hot cause I live in Keansburg-lol...

You have parades here, festivals here, people are friendly... so much... even in the rich town of Monroe i grew up in... didnt have any of that. You had snobby people on 1/2 acreage lots who didnt even talk to eachother. Keansburg is friendly and a good town to raise a family. Not the best town to raise a family but not a bad one either! Plus I just bought myself an American made 2007 SUV... and I'm not leasing it-lol. Now I just have to put a big American Flag outside my house... and let it wave proudly in Keasnburg... lol. Wow I wouldnt live anywhere in North Jersey... way too much congestion... and yuck i hate northern jersey. I work in Elizabeth... and cant wait to get the hell out of there after work. I hate central jersey... Monroe... too congested now... plus too far from the water and stuff... bad land planning. Keansburg and the bayshore have Route 35 for some very nice shopping! Its so nice to have everything so close, but feel its not on top of you at the same time. Neptune, Long Beanch, Asbury Park are near the water... but trashville... I wouldnt live there if you bought me a house there. All in all...I think Keansburg is the best in the bayshore and has a decent quality of life compared to the rest of New Jersey.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:40 AM

244 posts, read 1,050,388 times
Quote:
Summer,

I can go to most beach towns... Seaside, Belmar, Wildwood, Point Pleasant... etc... and there are kids acting silly and being kids, drunk and so... if you dont like kids being kids... then I definitely wouldnt suggest Keansburg either. I dont mind kids being kids, maybe later in life I wont like it-lol. .....

I would put Keansburg somewhere in the middle. All the local people I know in Keansburg say this town is moving up! It seems the rest of the bayshore is declining
Dion1USA, as I have said, you may have very different expectations of what is nice. And again, it's great that you love it there, but I can't recommend it.

And your everyone and my everyone are very different, no one in this area thinks Keansburg is nice. It's the pit of the area, and all the locals that I have ever met, and still see, say this.

Also, as far as kids being kids, as I mentioned, it was the kiddie section, you know the section for three and four year olds. So cursing and screaming and stumbling drunkenness doesn't belong on the baby boats.
I"m surprised you think that's acceptable, but whatever.
Also, it was never a problem in years past, and now it is. So it goes to show the decline.

I'm uncomfortable with your implications of certain minority groups making an area undesirable, any people living in an area that doesn't take care of it makes an area undesireable.

A roller coaster that should have been fixed three years ago hasn't anything to with anything except show there way behind on repairs.

Keansburg is dirty. You bought your home there, and you need to make the best of it. I think though that people not in the know and are considering the Bayshore need to be aware that it's not a nice place. (And this is just comparing it to the immediate area, not large cities, or anything).

You can argue as much as you want about it, but since I'm right in the area, and know tons of local people in the Bayshore area, (and am a local person), you are providing inaccurate information.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:44 AM

Default I didnt look at the Highlands

Your right, I heard the Highlands is going thru a transformation too. So is Keansburg. I can send you some links if you like. One was posted in the New York Times saying how Keansburg is up and coming with a lot of developers vying to come in now! Keansburg is on the verge or a major transformation from what the artice was saying as well. I didnt look at the houses in the Highlands was too far from my work... but maybe things in my future will change and I may consider it. I'd love to be near the ocean... thats priceless. I just looked from Laurence Harbor, Keyport, Union Beach, Part of Middletown and Aberdeen... and I think Keansburg has so many more postives than those towns! Im sorry my mistake... I do like the highlands too, but remember at one time the Highlands was a lot of bungalows and shacks and its now transforming too... just give credit where credit is due. I could definitely move to the Highlands when I start family... but depends on my job and all too.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Your right, I heard the Highlands is going thru a transformation too. So is Keansburg. I can send you some links if you like. One was posted in the New York Times saying how Keansburg is up and coming with a lot of developers vying to come in now! Keansburg is on the verge or a major transformation from what the artice was saying as well. I didnt look at the houses in the Highlands was too far from my work... but maybe things in my future will change and I may consider it. I'd love to be near the ocean... thats priceless. I just looked from Laurence Harbor, Keyport, Union Beach, Part of Middletown and Aberdeen... and I think Keansburg has so many more postives than those towns! Im sorry my mistake... I do like the highlands too, but remember at one time the Highlands was a lot of bungalows and shacks and its now transforming too... just give credit where credit is due. I could definitely move to the Highlands when I start family... but depends on my job and all too.
clueless!
highlands is not atlantic highlands
like the other gal said, your expectations might be met, but I suspect that you just don't know any better.
I think it's great that you love the 'burg and I hope that you're right about the 'burg getting better, but the reality is that the place is a dump and about the only thing that could happen there is that it could get better

ask anyone who lives in the area, and they'll all say, the 'burg is a dump, and that would be the nicer of the comments that you'll hear.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Maybe its the Old Keansburg you knew

I like it here, I can and would love to be along the ocean... but its not practical for me right now. I think again Keansburg is a lot better and has a much better quality of life than Laurence Harbor, Aberdeen, parts of middletown and Keyport and Union beach. I guess we have different local friends, my friends have told me not too look at those other towns. The locals I talk too... say Keansburg is definitely moving up! I talk to old people and young people all that live in the area and say Keansburg is now better than those other bayshore towns I listed above. If you have a bad stigma of a town.... your not gonna change no matter what. Maybe Keansburg had bad problems in the past... but that was passed. I would definitely recommend the town to a young family. Nah, kid behavior is not acceptable like that of course... but you find it everywhere...unfortunately! ... thats a society problem... Keansburg didnt create that problem <laughing>. I can find child behavior unruly in the kiddie section of Point Pleasant as well...come on.

Someone stated Keansburg has a lot of African and hispanics... and thats simply not true! And my statement was in response to that. I have nothing against minorites! I find a higher amount of Africans and hispanics in other bayshore towns towns like Laurence Harbor, Union Beach and Aberdeen! It doesnt matter what race you are as long as you keep your property looking nice!

Hey give the amusement park owners some credit... Im sure he is not rich like the owners of the Seaside boardwalk or six flags. Let me ask you why or what has happened to you in Keansburg that you look for every bad thing. It amazes me. Keansburg has put in new walk paths along the beach... showers on the beach and nice bricks for a walk path. I also heard from locals... that they never seen the beaches of Keansburg so clean... people that come hear every year are starting to brag about it. I also heard they are bringing white sand in. New rides, and new retail and fine dining are coming on the waterfront... it just keeps getting nicer and nicer! A one square mile town. I bought my home in Keansburg and its a lot cleaner than Laurence Harbor, Union Beach, Keyport, Aberdeen and parts of Middletown. Yes of course Colts Neck and some outside towns are nicer! but I wanted to live in the bayshore... and Keansburg is definitely the best from the towns i listed above! Great for young families.

I have had a few friends that just moved here ... they all love it... and there young families having kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey