Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 8,812 times

Advertisements

I have had over fifteen items on the Worry Free Plan from PSE&G the pricing is pretty good, compared to most service contracts in the area, NJ. On one or two occasions they were able to fix the problem but it has always been a hit or miss on every service call. The technicians if you could call them that, never once trouble shot a problem, they most often took a guess at which part was needed and ordered it, usually about a week later it arrives. Then you call and reschedule a service call, and in most cases it has not resolved the problem and then they order the next part...rarely has anything been repaired in a timely manner. Please Don't waste your money with their service contract, the majority of the time I have been told, they can not fix what needs to be repaired and they suggest that I purchase a new appliance. Just for the record most of my appliances were no more than two years old. I have found the majority of the team lazy and unable to assess a problem accurately, in fact one person who took my refrigerator components apart left everything off the refrigerator including the screws and said the next repair person would put it back! One of my refrigerators was seriously damaged by the tech and had to be replaced, his blow torch burned a hole through the plastic section of my refrigerator interior. Latest, they were back and forth attempting to fix a refrigerator in a rental apartment for two months and now say they can not fix it. PSE&G WORRY FREE IS A MESS, GO ELSE WHERE AND SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF AGGRAVATION.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 02:51 PM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
We have had the program with PSEG for selected appliances for about 8 years or so. They have definitely repaired the washer and dryer numerous times. The last time with the washer they said the part was no longer available and it still works but not great. We have been over all quite pleased with them. In fact a few years ago we got a new circuit board for the washer (and that is one pricey piece).

Old 09-05-2015, 04:32 PM

19,113 posts, read 25,309,475 times
PSEG replaced the circuit board three times, and the blower motor twice, on my builder's special HVAC system. Additionally, they replaced the capacitor in my outside compressor unit, and at the same time they installed additional refrigerant in the system--all without additional charges.

My only complaint is that it took a few days to get the blower motors flown in from the manufacturer, in St. Louis. Luckily, both of these blower motor failures took place during early fall, when the ambient temp was...pleasant.

In any event, I have no real complaints about PSEG's service or the value of their service plan.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:00 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Let's see..

My dryer had a bad bearing, replaced complete with parts covered.

Dishwasher bad water pump, replaced.

Washer, circuit board died, replaced.

All these services if paid in full would've costed easily $1000+ All these for just $20/month, it's not bad.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 8,601 times
The worry free is fine when it comes to free parts. with that said, the missing element they cant do, or don"t want to do is yearly maintenance.

I am in the HVAC industry and in my younger days of performing maintenance and inspections, I found water leaks, gas leaks,holes in flue pipes, bad drafts, mice nests in condensers and many fire hazards home owners had no idea they had.

There is tremendous value to having a good company come out twice a year to inspect and maintain the equipment.

The other factor is price on replacing a system. P.S.E.G can be 10 to 40 percent higher in cost, than other companies.

I feel home owners do enjoy knowing the techs that come to there home and having a local company be available to tend to there questions and needs.

Food for thought,
ME

Old 05-17-2017, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 8,133 times
I purchased a "Worry Free" contract for the appliances in my house. Last year my AC unit (covered with the contract) was not cooling properly. PSE&G sent a technician out to repair it. I was told that the unit was bad and I needed to replace it, and unfortunately the contract doesn't cover that. The unit and the entire HVAC system was less than 10 years old. I immediately cancelled the contract. I couldn't afford to replace the unit and it was the end of the summer, so I waited until Spring. I called an HVAC service to replace the unit. They came out and said I definitely didn't need a new unit. It needed repairs that amounted to $2,100. So now I'm out hundreds of dollars in fees for this "Worry Free" contract and now $2100 for repairs that should have been covered. Sounds like a complete scam to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey