U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 03-24-2009, 01:36 AM

1,447 posts, read 3,076,984 times
Oh, I'm sure theres lots going on behind those eyes.
I think it would be much better if you would just be up front about it though.
Especially if we are all adults.

I don't care for p.c. discussions but you can't be the least p.c. person in the room and still be ultra sensitive at the same time.
That characterizes much of the south these days.

You can't have it both ways.
Well, you can try but it's just ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-24-2009, 04:40 AM

2,059 posts, read 3,071,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post

Please tell me you're kidding....
Dont let the drawl fool you. The wheels in our "little" Southern brains move just as quickly, if not more so, than you Joisey people.

Just because the words are slower and we dont spew out every thought crossing our minds doesnt mean we arent rapidly calling you names behind the drawl and a smile.
stop kidding yourself. we know the south has the worst school systems out of any region in the u.s.

Unread 03-24-2009, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
When I went to SC,I had people ask where I was from, but no one guessed "Jersey"-they just knew I wasn't from the south.
As for the Jersey "attitude"-I think that''s a very real thing, but I'm not sure it's because we're from Jersey...it seems the closer people live to a major city ( NY, Philly) the more standoff-ish, rude, and impatient they are, at least in my experience.
I do know that when I was in SC, I couldn't get over how friendly people were and how cashiers, baggers, (total strangers in general) wanted to chat with you. I'm definitely not used to that!
some people consider talking to the baggers and cashiers friendly, but i consider it annoying

they want to know how your whole day was.

i will flat out tell them. just get me in and out of this place as fast as possible and close your mouth because i have things to do

Unread 03-24-2009, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
A. Anybody NOT from the South is a Yankee.
B. We're still fighting the CIVIL War (Revolutionary War was 90 years before the Civil War) because of people like you with their Jerzey attitudes.
Bless your heart. You just don't know no different.
you live in alabama

that is enough said about your opinion

Unread 03-24-2009, 07:35 AM
EB2

1,930 posts, read 3,533,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
Nobody in my world ever used the term youse.
I have to think it's on its way out.

Rat bastard I have heard in the movies only.

My accent was always fairly light but in the south it would still stand out.
I worked in a call center in Texas and they would always tell me to slow down. I would try and then as the day wore on it would get faster and faster.

The people disappear saying I have heard in films only. I just don't come from that type of world. I would think that is a joke.
It's not like I haven't been around.
It's weird that you come on this forum and hear these things for the first time.
Pretty strange.
I hear "youse" quite frequently amongst the mid/late 30+ population, where I stay/hang out.

Never heard "rat bastard", except in movies, though.

Unread 03-24-2009, 11:22 AM

3,400 posts, read 4,439,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
stop kidding yourself. we know the south has the worst school systems out of any region in the u.s.
You know, you harp on our school systems alot. However, I am a product of those school systems, carry a 4.0 GPA in college, am on the Dean's list, and I seem to fire back at you rather quickly.
So much for your theory that we're all slow, hmm? Tell me, do you TRY to be a jerk or does it just come off naturally?
And if you're that rude to baggers and cashiers, dont be surprised to find your bread,chips, or eggs crushed.

Unread 03-24-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
You know, you harp on our school systems alot. However, I am a product of those school systems, carry a 4.0 GPA in college, am on the Dean's list, and I seem to fire back at you rather quickly.
So much for your theory that we're all slow, hmm? Tell me, do you TRY to be a jerk or does it just come off naturally?
And if you're that rude to baggers and cashiers, dont be surprised to find your bread,chips, or eggs crushed.
1. Your GPA at TTC does not count. Lets see if you can apply it when you get into the real world in a job setting.

2. Tell me, do you try to be a r**neck or does it just come off naturally?

My rudeness comes off when provoked by people that want to live the Mayberry lifestyle in a conversation

When you go into a place the cashier should say "hello, did you find everything".

I would say "yes". The next thing that I should here is "have a nice day".

I dont want to talk to a random person for 10 minutes about the weather, how she doesnt like her job, how she needs more quarters, how she cant get someone to watch her "yungins", which is redneck slang for children. The first time I heard it I did not know what to think (LOL)

3. And if they smash that stuff then i will tell the manager (bubba) to give me new eggs

I dont eat chips or bread. Everyone in SC should stop as well. Maybe that is one of the reasons for the obesity problem

Last edited by NYC1DAY; 03-24-2009 at 02:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey