U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-25-2008, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 897 times
Exclamation Moving to NJ - Need Help

I'm looking at moving to NJ from Chicago and am highly confused about the areas to stay in and the connectivity to NY. I'm looking for something central which has good Rail and Bus connectivity to Manhattan, NY and also not too far from Paramus or Parsippany, NJ. Can someone suggest which areas I can stay in in NJ and the rentals in these areas? Also, is it norm to put down a deposit for an apartment?

Can someone suggest a site I can look at for rentals. Looking for a 1 Bedroom/1 Bath with basic appliances - unfurnished or furnished for upto $1000 per month. Are there websites or companies I can contact in this regard? All help would be greatly appreciated. I can be emailed at [email]amandw@gmail.com[/email]

I was thinking of Clifton. Some questions I have are:
1) How safe is it there
2) Are there Indian stores in that area?
3) I found Costco is there and Ikea is nearby in Paramus along with a Walmart Supercenter about 13 miles off.
4) How is the connectivity between Clifton and Manhattan? Are there direct trains and how long does it take?
5) Any specific apartment buildings I can look at? I am looking at Apartments only and not town houses?
6) Would need parking space as I'm planning on bringing my car

Thanks
Amand

Last edited by amand; 10-26-2008 at 12:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 04:13 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,694,311 times
Clifton has a direct train station into manhattan. Asians are there, not a tonn. Paramus and Parsippany is nearby as well. Only connectivity into ny is the george washington bridge which sucks and doesnt take into downtown, or the train/tunnel. connectivity sucks between nj and ny. the ride from clifton might take 40 minutes. Bringing ur car will be no problem to park but might wuna keep it secured.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:34 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,694,311 times
I suggest rent.com shows good places with good deals that other websites dont. njtransit.com has the map and estimated time, their phone number can tell u if its direct or not. will u be workin in ny?

Old 10-27-2008, 06:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,273 times
Ck out Hoboken. Did a job there. If I was single and liked to mingle.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey