Moving to NJ - Need Help
I'm looking at moving to NJ from Chicago and am highly confused about the areas to stay in and the connectivity to NY. I'm looking for something central which has good Rail and Bus connectivity to Manhattan, NY and also not too far from Paramus or Parsippany, NJ. Can someone suggest which areas I can stay in in NJ and the rentals in these areas? Also, is it norm to put down a deposit for an apartment?
Can someone suggest a site I can look at for rentals. Looking for a 1 Bedroom/1 Bath with basic appliances - unfurnished or furnished for upto $1000 per month. Are there websites or companies I can contact in this regard? All help would be greatly appreciated. I can be emailed at [email]email@example.com[/email]
I was thinking of Clifton. Some questions I have are:
1) How safe is it there
2) Are there Indian stores in that area?
3) I found Costco is there and Ikea is nearby in Paramus along with a Walmart Supercenter about 13 miles off.
4) How is the connectivity between Clifton and Manhattan? Are there direct trains and how long does it take?
5) Any specific apartment buildings I can look at? I am looking at Apartments only and not town houses?
6) Would need parking space as I'm planning on bringing my car
Last edited by amand; 10-26-2008 at 12:24 AM..