U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-20-2007, 11:55 PM

4 posts, read 15,909 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I'm moving to NJ in March and am currently searching for apartments. I was hoping to get some advice on areas to live given my specific preferences. I'm hoping to find an apartment that allows me to:

- commute to my office in Piscataway within ~35 min drive time
- allow me to either take a train or my car into NYC within ~20 min
- live in a safe, clean area
- spend less than $1,300 per month on a studio or 1 bdrm apartment

Any thoughts on where I should focus my apartment search?

Thanks!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 02:10 PM

604 posts, read 1,993,223 times
Rivercrest Apts. or Mayflower Apts., both on River Road in Piscataway. 10 min . from Bound Brook train station.

I had a nice 1 bedroom apt. at Mayflower back in 1964. $110. a month which included Pool and a garage. I think prices may have increased a little.

Last edited by emanon; 02-21-2007 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: added more info.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post
Rivercrest Apts. or Mayflower Apts., both on River Road in Piscataway. 10 min . from Bound Brook train station.
I'm sure has increased just a little

Wouldn't living in Piscataway present a long commute into NYC?

Old 02-21-2007, 03:37 PM

604 posts, read 1,993,223 times
umair, your post said working in Piscataway?????

Old 02-21-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post
umair, your post said working in Piscataway?????
Sorry for the confusion. As stated in my orignial post, I'm hoping to find a place that meets the following criteria:

Old 10-22-2007, 03:41 AM

119 posts, read 26,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by umair View Post
Hi All,

I'm moving to NJ in March and am currently searching for apartments. I was hoping to get some advice on areas to live given my specific preferences. I'm hoping to find an apartment that allows me to:

Any thoughts on where I should focus my apartment search?

Thanks!!
You can rent an apartment at Edison/Blueberry Village at $1,300 for nice 1br apt that can walk to Edison Train Station in 5 minutes, and from there to drive to your Piscataway office should be just 10 to 20 minutes depending on where, and it is "reverse traffic". Greater Edison area is ranked 3rd safest area in NJ, so you should be very comfortable. Besides, the Brunswick Av entering the community from Rt 529 is just newly paved, very new and shine.

Right next to Edison Village (bldg 1 to 8) and Blueberry Village (bldg 9 to 13 of Blueberry Ct, bldg 20 to 25 Stawberry Ct, and bldg 26 and above Wildberry Ct) is Edison Hollow South (bldg 14 to 19 at Raspberry Ct), you can also rent 1br condo from owner at $1,300 to $1,400. You may find rental ads at Craigslist.org, Sulekha.com or realtor.com

If you don't go to NYC every day, just once in a while, you can also consider Rivendell Apt, Oxford Arms, Victoria Park, The Commons, Starpoint, Woodhaven, Brookview Commons, Aspen Manor... they are all very close to or at Piscataway and walk to Edison Train Station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey