Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 AM

50 posts, read 191,032 times

Advertisements

I'm confused on which SUV to buy. With price and gas mileage aside(I'm buying used, and they all get about same mpg) I'm trying to get some real world opinions on which to buy based on power, ride quality, room, and comfort/ammenities attributes. I figured a few people on the forum would have one of these SUVs so I would appreciate some input. Choices are:
2004-2005 Acura MDX Base
2004-2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport or Limited
2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 07:31 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,858,634 times
what price range is this - and what are your uses?

Old 11-06-2008, 08:05 AM

29 posts, read 163,129 times
I used to have a Pathfinder, but now my wife and I both have Toyota's. So I'd have to vote Toyota, go with the 4Runner Limited if your looking for comfort and ammenities. I loved my Pathfinder but it tends to be a bit more rugged then the other two and the third row is not very functional.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:20 AM
ira

657 posts, read 3,930,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinnj View Post
I'm confused on which SUV to buy. With price and gas mileage aside(I'm buying used, and they all get about same mpg) I'm trying to get some real world opinions on which to buy based on power, ride quality, room, and comfort/ammenities attributes. I figured a few people on the forum would have one of these SUVs so I would appreciate some input. Choices are:
2004-2005 Acura MDX Base
2004-2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport or Limited
2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my MDX!!! I've had it for two years now and it's the best car I've ever had!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:54 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,716,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ira View Post
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my MDX!!! I've had it for two years now and it's the best car I've ever had!
MDX is a GREAT SUV. If I wasn't 6'5" it would have been my choice.

I would go with the 4-Runner. Solid vehicles with impressive resale.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:59 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,927,113 times
I have a 2004 MDX and it has served me well. If was was in the market for the MDX, I would not get used. It is a much better buy to get a new left over 2008 MDX than a used one.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:12 AM

2,715 posts, read 11,905,478 times
Personally I like the old MDX model much better than the new one. At least going by looks.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:29 AM

810 posts, read 2,292,135 times
We own a 2005 MDX and those were the 3 vehicles we compared. The Pathfinder I thought looked the best but it rides like a truck plus the gas milage was the worst and had no rear leg room. We had an infant at the time and the rear facing car seat would not fit unless you you moved the front seat up...a lot. They also had the highest intrest rate. I really liked the 4 Runner, It was sporty and fun to drive and didn't make me feel like less of a man to drive.

The MDX became our choice because we felt the over all quality was better, the ride was smother (This is my wife's car). The interior was more pleasing, it had more of a luxury feel than a sporty. It also had the rear side curtain airbags that the 4R did not have. It also had the best rate @ 2.9 for 5 yrs.

The car now has 75k miles and still runs great dispite my Jersey girl wife putting diesel in the tank when she went out of state (its funny now...sometimes). Acura has been great to deal with and I don't feel violated after having service performed.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:42 AM

2,715 posts, read 11,905,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
We own a 2005 MDX and those were the 3 vehicles we compared. The Pathfinder I thought looked the best but it rides like a truck plus the gas milage was the worst and had no rear leg room. We had an infant at the time and the rear facing car seat would not fit unless you you moved the front seat up...a lot. They also had the highest intrest rate. I really liked the 4 Runner, It was sporty and fun to drive and didn't make me feel like less of a man to drive.

The MDX became our choice because we felt the over all quality was better, the ride was smother (This is my wife's car). The interior was more pleasing, it had more of a luxury feel than a sporty. It also had the rear side curtain airbags that the 4R did not have. It also had the best rate @ 2.9 for 5 yrs.

The car now has 75k miles and still runs great dispite my Jersey girl wife putting diesel in the tank when she went out of state (its funny now...sometimes). Acura has been great to deal with and I don't feel violated after having service performed.
May I ask how the leather is holding up?

Old 11-06-2008, 09:56 AM

810 posts, read 2,292,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
May I ask how the leather is holding up?
So far so good, no tears, cracking or worn areas. The rear seats are still fine and have gone through 3.5 years of car seats squeezed on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: