Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 04:37 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times

Advertisements

In my area it did say that's what was going to be on but it wasn't, it was a family of 7 adult kids that grew up in an abusive cult like family. I was very upset that I stayed up to watch it just to see that and it wasn't on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 04:50 AM

517 posts, read 1,806,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
In my area it did say that's what was going to be on but it wasn't, it was a family of 7 adult kids that grew up in an abusive cult like family. I was very upset that I stayed up to watch it just to see that and it wasn't on.
Really, it was on here. First they had another story of 2 mothers who's ex took their kids to Syria. Then they had the Goldman story and another. Very sad. I thought it would be longer though. Disappointed at that.

Maybe it'll repeat someday- or maybe it will be on his website. Check there.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:35 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
I watched it too and was disappointed it wasnt longer, I feel so bad for him and just hope they can reunite sooner rather than later. I'm sure the stepfather (who ironically is a lawyer who I believe they said fights situations like that) loves the boy but the boy belongs w/ his father, his only parent now, who sadly doesn't even know him anymore, they lost a lot of time together. THe first situation was sad too, I think the men are Armenian and the kids c/b anywhere, sounds like they're not in the US anymore b/c they knew to dial 911 and if they remember and have an opportunity to, it'll be in vain. I hope these situations get resolved soon in the best interests of the kids.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,232 times
If anyone here is as upset and outraged by this story as I am, please visit bringseanhome.org and get involved. David has very strong opposition in Brazil. The family who is fighting him for custody of Sean come from a very strong legal and political background. They are experts in this field specifically and and know every trick to delay the process and then fight on the basis that Sean is now "settled" in Brazil.

We are planning a rally in NYC on friday Dec 12th at 2:30 pm in front on the Brazilian Consulate. You can also visit zazzle.com/danaheart to purchase a bumper sticker or postcards to mail to he officials in Brazil and the U.S. If you have the time to send letters or emails to these people or even call their offices, that would be even better. On the "how to help" section of the site there is a list of contacts. Without the support that David has received through this site, he may not be getting the media attention he is right now and it is making a HUGE difference.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:48 PM

He finally saw his son after 4 1/2 yrs TODAY. Maybe again tomorrow and possibly court again on Wednesday.

Bring Sean Home (http://bringseanhome.org/wordpress/ - broken link)

The Associated Press: NJ man finally gets to see his son in Brazil

Old 02-11-2009, 07:20 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,523,666 times
I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying some prayers he gets his son back today. There was a touching interview posted on bringseanhome.org today. He got to see his son yesterday. Maybe the tide is turning.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying some prayers he gets his son back today. There was a touching interview posted on bringseanhome.org today. He got to see his son yesterday. Maybe the tide is turning.
There was an article in his local news paper that was very touching.
I'm so happy for him and hope that justice is served and he can bring the boy home where he belongs.

Some comments were that there are tons of fathers in NJ that haven't seen their child either and where is the justice for them... they are so right.
It's a shame these children are all used as pawns.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,523,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
There was an article in his local news paper that was very touching.
I'm so happy for him and hope that justice is served and he can bring the boy home where he belongs.

Some comments were that there are tons of fathers in NJ that haven't seen their child either and where is the justice for them... they are so right.
It's a shame these children are all used as pawns.
So Horrible.

This man David Goldman has shown amazing restraint. I think I'd tear someone limb from limb if they took my child. My thoughts and prayers are with him and every parent without their child today.

I can't believe it has taken so much media attention for the US gov to finally step in. This should have been resolved years ago. Brazil has always been a country run by the elite and wealthy. They should throw the man keeping his son from him in jail.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:24 PM

I was reading on his website that he has spent about 350,000K just to go back and forth and trying to get his son. I hope that the man who is keeping his son from him all this time will be forced to pay him at least 1/2 of the money he has spent. I haven't heard mention of money other than what he spent. But after he gets his son back- I hope he can get something. At least it can go towards his son- he's a single parent now- not by choice. He and his son deserve it.
That man was able to pay the media in Brazil to keep the story out of the media- I'm sure he can afford it.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTeacher View Post
I was reading on his website that he has spent about 350,000K just to go back and forth and trying to get his son. I hope that the man who is keeping his son from him all this time will be forced to pay him at least 1/2 of the money he has spent. I haven't heard mention of money other than what he spent. But after he gets his son back- I hope he can get something. At least it can go towards his son- he's a single parent now- not by choice. He and his son deserve it.
That man was able to pay the media in Brazil to keep the story out of the media- I'm sure he can afford it.
I think he was able to spend that much money.. from what I read he sells real estate. I don't doubt he was able to sell more houses to do what he needed to do.

Anyone know if the boy speaks English? Just curious; wonder if it will have anything to do with him coming home if he doesn't?

I want to give David credit, he seems to have learned a lot of the law. Most divorced parents don't.

edit - Custody case heads to Brazil federal court

Last edited by Roselvr; 02-12-2009 at 04:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey