Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:35 AM

592 posts, read 2,187,860 times

Advertisements

Do not be fooled, the beacon condo is one of the worst investments you can make. You will be living in a high luxury jail surrounded by the worst of jersey city. The 1BR prices dropped from 350k to low 250k in 6 short months.

I know the area very well, the beacon building and amenities are very nice, but as soon as you step outside of the castle gate, it is a complete warzone. The beacon is located right next to the projects, in one of the worst areas of jersey city, and the only transportation is your car or their bus to the path station.

Many incidents of stabbing, mugging and other violent crimes have been reported in that area, just search the Jersey Journals.

Why anyone would pay money to live in a luxury zoo is beyond my understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 11:50 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,490 times
When are people going to realize that advertising anything here is a waste of time? That is not what the forum is for. It doesn't matter how it is disguised.

When will the light bulb go on? Or does a plate have to broken over the head?

Old 04-07-2009, 12:25 PM

391 posts, read 1,476,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post

When will the light bulb go on? Or does a brick have to broken over the head?
fixed it for you.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:46 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Do not be fooled, the beacon condo is one of the worst investments you can make. You will be living in a high luxury jail surrounded by the worst of jersey city. The 1BR prices dropped from 350k to low 250k in 6 short months.

I know the area very well, the beacon building and amenities are very nice, but as soon as you step outside of the castle gate, it is a complete warzone. The beacon is located right next to the projects, in one of the worst areas of jersey city, and the only transportation is your car or their bus to the path station.

Many incidents of stabbing, mugging and other violent crimes have been reported in that area, just search the Jersey Journals.

Why anyone would pay money to live in a luxury zoo is beyond my understanding.
$250k for a 1 bedroom in that city ughhhhhhhhh that is scarey.............

Old 04-07-2009, 01:06 PM

There are some decent areas. But in those cases you are usually overpaying for convenience. It could be a tough call. I have only rented there myself.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
$250k for a 1 bedroom in that city ughhhhhhhhh that is scarey.............
i do need to correct some misrepresentations of jersey city. Not ALL parts are bad, the exchange place (paulus hook) and newport waterfront of jersey city are very nice and safe areas. Beats hoboken and many other places. Just that those are bubbles areas, and most other parts of jersey city are terrible.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:14 PM

Those areas cost lots more accordingly- to rent or buy. I always had roommates and that was the only way possible for me.

In some of those areas you have people walking at night but for the most part there are very few businesses open after a certain hour. Unlike say Hoboken. With that taken into account you can understand why people wouldn't feel as safe.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:22 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
I wish The Beacon well.
After all, it was not that long ago downtown JC was not a great place either. Things take time to turnaround. The Beacon is a great jumping off point for the area. That, with the eventual closing of Montgomery Gardens & the start of the Journal Square redevelopment, I'm happy with the slow, but progressive change.
People said Newport would not work either........

Old 04-07-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
I wish The Beacon well.
After all, it was not that long ago downtown JC was not a great place either. Things take time to turnaround. The Beacon is a great jumping off point for the area. That, with the eventual closing of Montgomery Gardens & the start of the Journal Square redevelopment, I'm happy with the slow, but progressive change.
People said Newport would not work either........
yes i wish beacon well too, after all if the area turns around it just give us who work/live in jersey city more options. But currently it's really not a good place to be at. And journal square redevelopment will not start until end of year (they said the same thing last year), so who knows.

Newport transformation is very different than beacon. It's a very targeted NON RESIDENTIAL area, as most buildings are warehouses and abandoned factories. Lefrak came in and pretty easily leveled the whole place and basically put newport on top of it. Beacon is next to all the projects and residential area, good luck getting everyone to move out. In addition, the current market climate does not favor major initiatives. You will probably be waiting for a decade for that area to turn around, if it ever does.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:49 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
And journal square redevelopment will not start until end of year (they said the same thing last year), so who knows.
Demolition has started...........
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5asUt7ex3JM/Sdk6g_vX1kI/AAAAAAAACQs/HseIemTqHow/s400/DSC09509.JPG (broken link)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5asUt7ex3JM/ScQPNV_5ivI/AAAAAAAACNo/WrOHMlcjkfc/s1600/square-renaissance-invite.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey