Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:45 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,923 times

Advertisements

Well, a lot of the reasons you guys are giving sound forced as if you are forcing yourself to like New Jersey. "We got beaches, people, and blah blah blah." Newsflash, all the other states have them too.

Why not just say you like New Jersey because you were born, raised or both born and raised in New Jersey? For a lot of you, New Jersey is all you know. You probably haven't lived or been in any other states or other countries.

I hate to be negative but I noticed that New York and New Jersey have a lot of miserable people in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 11:09 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,163,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Well, a lot of the reasons you guys are giving sound forced as if you are forcing yourself to like New Jersey. "We got beaches, people, and blah blah blah." Newsflash, all the other states have them too.

Why not just say you like New Jersey because you were born, raised or both born and raised in New Jersey? For a lot of you, New Jersey is all you know. You probably haven't lived or been in any other states or other countries.

I hate to be negative but I noticed that New York and New Jersey have a lot of miserable people in them.

I've lived in NY for 12 years now.
And I happen to be pretty well traveled.
But thanks so much for playing! We'll make sure you get a home version of the game on your way out!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:29 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monack View Post
I've lived in NY for 12 years now.
And I happen to be pretty well traveled.
But thanks so much for playing! We'll make sure you get a home version of the game on your way out!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:46 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,163,956 times
Quote:
Well, you just stated that a lot of the reasons given were contrived by the fact that obviously, we have never left NJ. I was giving you evidence to the contrary.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:

Actually-I have lived in another state for 10 long years now. Not to mention spending significant time in yet another state helping to take care of ill parents. And I love New Jersey. My husband and I spend most of our vacation time in NJ because we love it.

Just as monack stated, there are many of us who love NJ and for the time being are living elsewhere. We have experienced what other states have to offer and it only-at least in my case-makes me love NJ more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey