Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 AM

43 posts, read 164,493 times

Advertisements

My husband & I and 3 small children currently live in a 2 BR townhouse in East Brunswick. We definately love this town b/c of the great schools, ethnic diversity (we're asian), family friendly environment, easy commute to NYC, and safety. However, we definately need to find a bigger place. We can only afford up to $350 and that doesn't get us much here in this overpriced town. For $350 we can afford a nice old cape cod here, but they're all really old and need alot of fixing up, which will cost more $$$. Can anyone recommend any other areas that are more affordable with similar criterias? We're looking to move in about a year or so. Any help would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 02:19 PM

359 posts, read 2,593,081 times
my family moved to East Brunswick from North Jersey to get more for their money. Sorry if you want more then get outa Jersey cause its not gettin much better then that.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:06 PM

43 posts, read 164,493 times
I can imagine it being much better in EB compared to North Jersey. I wouldn't even consider North Jersey.

We used to live in PA and had more space. However, life circumstances and family brought us back to NJ. Even though we sacrificed space, I'm still determined to make it work here for our family. My husband recently went through chemo for cancer so being near family is important to us.

Is there anyone out there who can give more positive feedback?

Old 02-23-2007, 09:04 AM

17 posts, read 99,552 times
Hi Hope,
My family and I have been searching for very similar criteria (except for the nyc commute) My daughter's asian, so we've done a lot of research on greatschools.net to ensure that the town we move to has the diversity we want. We're looking now at Ocean Twp. in Monmouth county, but haven't decided finally yet. We currently live in Piscataway, but the neighborhood we're in is completely lacking any sense of community/kids to play with/etc. and we'd like to be in monmouth county to be closer to family.
Best of luck!
Rebecca
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey