U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:05 AM

21 posts, read 50,511 times

Advertisements

Hi All:

I am planning to move to Morristown, NJ. I found a home close to Evergreen Cemetery which is located at Martin Luther King AVE. The house is on Hillairy St close to a school and a park called Pocahantas Park. I would like to ask you how are this area? Is it safe? Can you walk at night? Is It close to the train station? I have been transferred to NJ and I need to find something quick. I have two kids and it is very important to provide a safe environment for them. Thanks so much for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 AM

3,269 posts, read 8,376,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisplata View Post
Hi All:

I am planning to move to Morristown, NJ. I found a home close to Evergreen Cemetery which is located at Martin Luther King AVE. The house is on Hillairy St close to a school and a park called Pocahantas Park. I would like to ask you how are this area? Is it safe? Can you walk at night? Is It close to the train station? I have been transferred to NJ and I need to find something quick. I have two kids and it is very important to provide a safe environment for them. Thanks so much for your help!!
How old are your kids and what is you budget for housing? That is not a good area of Morristown. Also, Morristown High School is not great. Neighboring towns have far superior schools.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 AM

5,808 posts, read 9,133,268 times
Not a very good area of Morristown for walking around at night. You might want to consider someplace else. If you can give more details we can try to help from there.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:21 PM

21 posts, read 50,511 times
Hi..they are 11 and 16. I do not want to go over 280K...I just need an area that has transportation and it is not too far from NYC. I do not want to spend hours commuting to the city..What are the good sections in morristown that is not too expensive but save?

Old 11-20-2008, 01:30 PM

7,577 posts, read 19,245,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisplata View Post
Hi All:

Seems to be the name used in every city and it typically gets labelled as the bad section... in Morristown - it is consider a "bad area".

Old 07-10-2009, 11:19 AM

18 posts, read 73,899 times
I Live in morristown , That area have a lot of vacant houses , It seems people not prefer to move over there. Its so lonely and walking around at night is difficult . You might want to consider someplace else

Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 7,931 times
I've lived in Morristown for over 15 years, although the area you describe is not considered a nice part of the town, compared to other town's and cities "bad areas" its candy land. Morristown is actually a great place to live, it has many restaraunts, bars, recreational parks, just tons of activities for any age. The only downside of living here is, the expense, I'm sure its like this in most area's of new jersey though.

To answer a few of your questions, it is relatively close to the train station, not more than maybe a 5-10 minute drive, but you would be better off not wandering the streets aimlessly at night. That last statement really applies no matter where you live though.

The only towns/cities I'd be afraid to live in that are in NJ, would be Jersey city, Newark, Plainfield, Orange, Bellville, Irvington, and a few others I'm sure I can't remember.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:40 PM

6,007 posts, read 9,601,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badreligion9265 View Post
I've lived in Morristown for over 15 years, although the area you describe is not considered a nice part of the town, compared to other town's and cities "bad areas" its candy land. Morristown is actually a great place to live, it has many restaraunts, bars, recreational parks, just tons of activities for any age. The only downside of living here is, the expense, I'm sure its like this in most area's of new jersey though.

To answer a few of your questions, it is relatively close to the train station, not more than maybe a 5-10 minute drive, but you would be better off not wandering the streets aimlessly at night. That last statement really applies no matter where you live though.

The only towns/cities I'd be afraid to live in that are in NJ, would be Jersey city, Newark, Plainfield, Orange, Bellville, Irvington, and a few others I'm sure I can't remember.
Haha. That's so funny. The 'bad' parts of Morris County are often considered anywhere where minorities live.

Pretty sad.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,978 times
Movers NJ | Moving Company New Jersey | Local Movers NJ BEST MOVING COMPANY IN THE AREA.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:39 PM

3 posts, read 14,050 times
I agree with you Jojoba. Thank you for your clarity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey