Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2008, 10:08 AM

4 posts, read 23,054 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a kid friendly dentist in the bridgewater/branchburg/somerville New Jersey area. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 10:32 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPryor530 View Post
I am looking for a kid friendly dentist in the bridgewater/branchburg/somerville New Jersey area. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
Going to a new Dentist is as scary as going to a new hair stylist for the first time. Some people could care less who touches them. Some people are fussy, like me. I dont let just anyone touch me.

The best Dentist I ever knew I would recomend for as long as I live. Go try Dr Barry Lustig on Hamilton St in Bound Brook 732 356-1651 I been going to him for 30 years now. I have moved from Bound Brook in 1986 and no matter where I moved in NJ I continued to travel to him. To this very day, and I been gone from NJ for 14 years now, when I need work I hop on a plane to have my dental work done. I am not his furthest patient. I joke with him that I am his furthest patient and he always says he has patients who fly in just for him from much further away then me. That speaks volumes to me.

He is also a professional photographer. His office and treatment rooms are filled with the most beautiful nature photographs in the world. I mean hundreds and hundreds of photos all framed completely covering the walls from top to bottom.

Dr Lustig is also one of the few remaining Dentists in America who still uses nitrous which I insist upon.

I have no link to this doctor except to say he is the best. He has lots of kids as patients as you asked about. And he is not a theif and has a real easy payment plan with no interest.

Good luck to you. Tooth pain is just about the worst pain you can experience.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:44 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
We use Dr. Pinsker at Bridgewater/Green Brook Dental. Their number is 732-968-0086. He is great. But NOT the other dentist, Dr. Bloom. He is not great and had the awful experience of going to him for a cleaning on accident because I didn't ask if Dr. Pinsker was going to be doing it. Won't make that mistake again!

Old 11-29-2008, 02:42 PM

328 posts, read 1,049,191 times
Dr Martin in Somerville. Somerville, NJ Pediatric Dentist - Dr. Robert Martin - The Children's Dental Center I was taking my dd to a pediatric dentist in Somerset. She started there at 2 and screamed through every single visit. The dentist clearly lost patience with her and even started gave her firm and nasty "talking-to" when she screamed through her 4 year old visit. At that particular visit, the dentist said she had a cavity but couldn't fill it since my dd freaked out at every visit. I felt so horrible; I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with my kid. We got referred out to dentist who could do conscious sedation on kids. The dentist actually wrote a letter to the other one explaining how my dd was uncooperative during visits.

Luckily, my dd's preschool teacher used to work for a dentist years ago and told us to go see Dr Martin in Somerville. I called and asked them about conscious sedation and they sounded a bit confused about why I would ask them about that; they would only do that in the hospital (which made me feel better; I'd rather have sedation done in the hospital for my child as opposed to an office) if truly needed. I explained my dd's fear of the dentist and they were quite kind and told me just to come in. As soon as we walked in, I felt better. The staff was so nice and friendly. They treated my dd very well and she actually went in the back without me since I was still filling out paperwork. Dr Martin met with her and and felt that he could fill her cavity with just some laughing gas/nitrous and novacaine. A couple days later, he did just that. The only cry I heard was went they were applying the topical anesthesia before giving her the injection of novacaine. She didn't even cry with the needle. I think she watched a movie the whole time and came out clutching a big bag of toys. Dr Martin came out and told us how well she did. My dh and I just kept thanking him and over. I still can't believe I almost let my 4 year old dd be sedated for this. All she really needed was the right dentist. Obviously, we will continue with the Dr. Martin in Somerville and NOT return to the dentist in Somerset. He is not in our dental network but they billed for us.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:39 AM

4 posts, read 23,054 times
thanks for the responses!

Old 10-21-2009, 05:40 AM

31 posts, read 76,067 times
I know he's more of a drive, but I have to say Dr. Jason Rosenfeld in Butler (border of Kinnelon on Rt. 23) NJ is exceptional! New Jersey Pediatric Dentist - Children's DMD - Special Needs Dentistry - Butler, NJ My daughter fell when she was 3 and knocked her top front teeth out. I was beyond upset and really didn't know my options. We just moved to North Jersey and Dr. Rosenfeld was highly recommended by many people I met. We went to him and he was so understanding and able to have teeth made for her until her permanent ones come in. The teeth look identical to her old ones --not a single person has been able to tell the difference! I spoke with another dentist prior to seeing him who told me to leave my 3 year old without front teeth until her permanent ones came in, which would've been ~2-3 years.

Dr. Rosenfeld has a special way with his patients from what I've seen. His bedside manner is outstanding and rare. The way he speaks to the kids, jokes when appropriate, even sings funny songs to distract them is exceptional and doesn't go unnoticed by the kids. My daughter actually asks about "her dentist" and wants to go (doesn't hurt that she gets prizes to bring home every time she goes and fun glasses to wear while there, etc!). The entire office is immaculate, fun, and everyone has been very genuine and caring. I can't recommend this office enough! I felt I had to throw it out there for anyone searching for a great pediatric dentist in NJ.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,211 times
Default Dr. Jason Rosenfeld

Dr. Jason Rosenfeld is one the BEST dentists I have ever met! I wish he could treat adults or I could revert to childhood so that he could treat me.
He was able to handle an emergency situation in which I was hysterical. Very similar to the post before this one. My son is a hockey player and his front bottom teeth were knocked out. We hadn't been patients of Dr. Rosenfeld. Our Pediatric Dentist didn't respond so I called Dr. Rosenfeld's office upon recommendation of a friend. He took the time during a SATURDAY NIGHT to calm me down and give me directions. He made sure to see us first thing Monday morning. To make a long story short--we went immediately on Monday morning, he was able to fix the situation (don't ask me details) and remedy my son's mouth. His staff was exceptionally warm and welcoming. The office was spotless, immaculate and beautiful. Dr. Rosenfeld (he likes to be called Dr. Jason) was very caring and concerned. He even called at night to make sure my son was ok. He has a way with kids that's magical. I highly recommend him no matter what!! Nothing's more important than our kids and giving them the best medical care. I am so grateful that I have met this wonderful, gracious and fantastic Pediatric Dentist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meromalley View Post
I know he's more of a drive, but I have to say Dr. Jason Rosenfeld in Butler (border of Kinnelon on Rt. 23) NJ is exceptional! [URL="http://jasonrosenfelddmd.com/"]New Jersey Pediatric Dentist - Children's DMD - Special Needs Dentistry - Butler, NJ[/URL] My daughter fell when she was 3 and knocked her top front teeth out. I was beyond upset and really didn't know my options. We just moved to North Jersey and Dr. Rosenfeld was highly recommended by many people I met. We went to him and he was so understanding and able to have teeth made for her until her permanent ones come in. The teeth look identical to her old ones --not a single person has been able to tell the difference! I spoke with another dentist prior to seeing him who told me to leave my 3 year old without front teeth until her permanent ones came in, which would've been ~2-3 years.

Dr. Rosenfeld has a special way with his patients from what I've seen. His bedside manner is outstanding and rare. The way he speaks to the kids, jokes when appropriate, even sings funny songs to distract them is exceptional and doesn't go unnoticed by the kids. My daughter actually asks about "her dentist" and wants to go (doesn't hurt that she gets prizes to bring home every time she goes and fun glasses to wear while there, etc!). The entire office is immaculate, fun, and everyone has been very genuine and caring. I can't recommend this office enough! I felt I had to throw it out there for anyone searching for a great pediatric dentist in NJ.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:48 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
You could have this guy do it, he looks licensed and child friendly:

N.J. authorities crack down on unlicensed dentists | New Jersey Real-Time News - - NJ.com

(I would post that first picture but for whatever reason my comp doesn't want to cooperate)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey