Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 03:42 PM

3 posts, read 3,736 times

Advertisements

Just relocated to Jersey from Texas. OMG!! What a change. I have to come to grips with the fact that I have to pay 2,000 for RENT! Back home, for my townhome, my mortgage and taxes on a 3bdr twnhome was less than 800 a month!

Anyway, just my wife and I and we would like a garage. Like the situp of the townhomes and apartments. Not really looking to buy, just rent. I'm currently living in an extended stay hotel since the 6th of November. Most of what I have seen has been dirt old with old appliances and people are expected new prices! What gives?!

I'm working up in Woodcliff Lake right off the GSP and my wife is working in Madison off Giralda Farms. We really like Morris plains and morristown areas. But we are totally open. I would like to keep my wife within 35 minutes of her job...doesn't matter much for me. Need a garage for sure. and prefer 2 bedrooms. Does anybody have any good sugestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 03:56 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,898,592 times
There are rentals called Avalon on Columbia Turnpike in Florham Park. That is very close to Madison. And close to Rt 24/78 which gets you to the Parkway (although I don't know how long the commute to your job would be). They are townhome style with garage just like you stated. I used to use them for corporate housing but that was a few years ago so I don't know if they have been kept up or what the rents are...but don't be afraid to see if you can negotiate rent a little. Good luck.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:06 PM

517 posts, read 1,806,614 times
How about towns like Union, Springfield and Kenilworth? Union is about 20 min. from madison and Springfield is just a little bit closer. You just have to become a bit familiar with Union- some parts better than others. The closer to Springfield, the better. Kenilworth borders Union. They are the affordable towns that are not too far. I don't know too much about that area- just the ones I listed above.

Hope that helps. Let us know how you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey